• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any Advice on Where to find good Enteric Coated Capsules?

Charles555nc

I ordered a vitamin online I want to put into an acid resistant capsule, but oddly enough I was having trouble finding enteric coated pills (apparently they are sealed after the stuff is put inside them). Then I started reading about HPMC capsules and got confused.

Anyone have a good link for stomach acid resistant capsules and/or can explain if HPMC capsules are as good, worse, or better than enteric coated capsules?

Thanks for any replies,

-Charles

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
thanks and I ordered and got some, like them so far.
Hi Charles, some of us have been discussing enteric coated capsules. I looked at this source but evidently, capsules that are coated after they are filled, are more apt to survive the stomach and open in the small intestines--which is what some of us need. When you say that you like them so far, do you have any sense of where, in the intestinal tract, they are releasing?

Thanks.