• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live YouTube Q&A Broadcast with a Younger Lab Researcher on March 3--send questions now

usedtobeperkytina

I hope this is the right place for this. I also think it should go under the Research category.

On Thursday, March 3, at 3 p.m. CST, the Younger Lab is hosting their first public question and answer session on YouTube Live at this link: http://bit.ly/YoungerLabBroadcast

During the YouTube broadcast, an announcement will be made about recent developments at the lab, which is officially known as UAB's Neuroinflammation, Pain and Fatigue Lab.

You will be able to ask questions about their research projects and their theory of neuroinflammation in fibromyalgia and ME/CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome or systemic exertion intolerance disease).

The title of the first session is "What is Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)?" The discussion is expected to include the following topics:
  • What's now known about neuroinflammation's connection to sickness
  • Projects their now doing
  • Progress (status) of current studies
  • Future research projects planned
  • Possible impact of our research for patients with debilitating chronic pain and/or chronic fatigue
  • Reception they have received among doctors and other researchers
They are accepting pre-broadcast questions now at jarredyoungerlab@gmail.com. Please attend at the link above on March 3 and share this with other patients or anyone you think would be interested in the topic.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I tried to edit, but I only saw how to edit the post, not the title. I notice if a person hovers over the thread title, some text comes up that includes the date.

If you hover your mouse over "thread tools" above your post, "edit thread" should allow you to edit your title.

Kati

Patient in training
Sorry but
  • What's now known about neuroinflammation's connection to sickness
Rubs me the wrong way. The 'sickness.' Is life altering, horribly debilitating.

SB_1108

He was doing a study on alcohol intolerance at one point but now I don't see anything about it on his website? Was the study discontinued or has it been published?

I may send that as my question if no one knows...

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Very preliminary results but they've found that ME/CFS patients had a significantly higher brain temperature than healthy controls and on a par with a (single, I think) RA patient [edited: perhaps three: that number was confirmed for pilot data]. Almost one degree Celsius difference.

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Very preliminary results but they've found that ME/CFS patients had a significantly higher brain temperature than healthy controls and on a par with a (single, I think) RA patient. Almost one degree Celsius difference.

He said he thought he could get a big NIH grant for that and it would be a big deal - objective marker.

I've never heard of that.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I thought he was going to just seem like some bloke in a shed after what @Simon has said about the plans for the big NIH study but this is really interesting. The brain temperature thing, especially.