• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ubiquinol: Any experiences?

Hi All,

I've just (well, a week or so ago) started taking Ubiquinol. Been meaning to try it for ages, but it's rather expensive. Anyway, I started with 100mg per day and am considering upping the dose to 200mg per day. I'm just interested to hear other people's experiences of this supplement and if it helps to increase energy levels at all.

Thanks in advance.

whodathunkit

Love ubiquinol. It's a staple for me. But I don't really notice any effects unless I take at least 600mg/day. It does help me with energy. It's a subtle boost, but definitely helpful.

There's another good CoQ10 supplement called "MitoQ". Search the forums for a recent thread. You might like t hat, as well.

Good luck!

ahmo

I use Ubiquinol, my body prefers it to CoQ10. I can't attribute any particular benefit, but when I'm stressed, my body always wants more. I've signed up to this MitoQ study, which means I'll get a couple bottles of MitoQ for 1/2 price, good way to experiment.

Thanks, whodathunkit, will look into the MitoQ. I'll see how I go with the 200g of Ubiquinol per day, but yes, I had heard that larger doses were more beneficial. Fingers crossed :)

EMilo

Elizabethmilo.com
I use Ubiquinol, my body prefers it to CoQ10. I can't attribute any particular benefit, but when I'm stressed, my body always wants more. I've signed up to this MitoQ study, which means I'll get a couple bottles of MitoQ for 1/2 price, good way to experiment.
I signed up for that study, too, but I'm not going to take the MitoQ until later in the year. How are you doing with it, @ahmo ?

Justin30

I take both together. Co q10 and Ubiquinolol.

I had recently stopped D Ribose for a couple weeks along with Creatine.

I started these today and felt my symptoms were more stable.

MITO SUPPLEMENTS
  • Acetyl L Carnitine
  • D Ribose
  • Creatine
  • Coq10
  • Ubiquinol
  • sc B12 methylcobolamin
I been sick pretty bad for 2 months but felt much better after taking the supplements today. Went to the Dr. Walked around a bit and had lengthy conversations online and with my Dad.

Lets see what tommorow holds. I have another Drs appoitment.

Coq10 and Ubiquinolol protect the heart so no matter what I believe that all ME/CFS Patients should take it.

adreno

PR activist
It gives me a slight energy boost but also drives up nitric oxide, which some of us don't need.

ahmo

I signed up for that study, too, but I'm not going to take the MitoQ until later in the year. How are you doing with it, @ahmo ?
I found after the second day that 10mg, as recommended, was too much for me. What started out seeming to decrease my need for antioxidants, was then pushing my need up. I went back to 5mg, and then to 5mg every other day, w/ 100mg Ubiquinol alternate days. This is what I've continued. Has MitoQ made much of a difference? I don't know. I've still to take the final set of tests. I improved marginally on one of the 3 tests, but maybe this had to do with getting better at taking the test, rather than my brain improving. My brain still tires very quickly from mental exertion.

EMilo

Elizabethmilo.com
@ahmo This year, one of my worst symptoms has been brain tiring... But like nothing I've ever experienced. Brain fog is like a pebble compared to the mountainous brain problems this year. I actually think it's gotten better with immunoglobulin infusions, though. Or maybe it's the new Ubiquinol I ordered that @Sparrow recommended... I never thought of that until now.