• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Enterococcus EC sourcing

Daffodil

hi all. my doctor wants me to take "enterococcus EC" but I have no idea where to get this?? has anyone heard of this?

thank you
daff

sarah darwins

Daffodil

thanks @sarah darwins . i called a pharmacy that deals with a lot of KDM patients. they seemed to think he wants me to take Symbiaflor 1. so i guess i will be paying $800 for the next few months of meds from Belgium cuz i need a bunch of stuff i cant get here ! ughhhhhhhhhhhhh. i don't know what else i can do.

roller

wiggle jiggle
its a troublemaker supposed to spike the immune system in the gut, which then is thought to trigger immune activation elsewhere, too ?

The bacterium Enterococcus faecalis has a natural training effect on the immune system. The biggest concentration of immune cells are to be found in the intestine. Invaders first come into direct contact with the immune system in this area. This contact activates the immune cells and stimulates them into spreading throughout the body. By means of the bloodstream the immune cells allocate themselves to the various mucous membranes. In this manner the bacteria not only give the intestinal defense a push but also the defense in the paranasal sinus and bronchial tract.
http://www.symbiopharm.de/en/products/symbioflor-1.html

roller

wiggle jiggle
something interesting on e faecalis

e faecalis normally doesnt stand a chance, except after taking abx. then it gains ground in the gut.

More specifically, they found that a non-resistant strain of Enterococcus (which is native to the human gut) produced a pheromone called cOB1—when drug resistant E. faecalis V583 bacteria were exposed to that pheromone, they were killed.
http://phys.org/news/2015-05-pheromones-gut-bacteria-resistant-variants.html