• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

flordicortisone

Dr switched me to this plus the midodrine but I'm not gonna take that again what I want to know is do I need potassium supplements since this is at 0.1 mg per day? And any side effects i need to watch out for?

Gingergrrl

Your question is confusing but with Florinef you are supposed to supplement Potassium. I had horrible side effects from Florinef even at 1/4 of the dose you are taking but I do very well with Midodrine.

Gingergrrl

what side effects did you have?

I had daily severe headaches and intracranial pressure from Florinef which is not at all a normal symptom for me. It never raised my BP as it was supposed to and in general I just felt sick and horrible on it. It also contained two yellow food dyes (which I later became severely allergic to when I developed MCAS) and am not sure if this played any role in my specific case but suspect it didn't help.