• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Calories, nutrition, diet, and weight control, including the gut microbiome

hellytheelephant

This is so interesting. Thank you so much @Sean.
This confirms my own feelings about calorie control, satiety is an interesting subject too. Maybe the reason many people snack is that processed foods leave you unsatisfied....
The raw versus the cooked idea is also interesting.

Good info @ Sean. Dr. Lipkin stated in one of his reports that there was a butyrate deficiency in some CFS patients. Butyrate promotes a feeling of satiety. I believe it is also responsible for synthesizing several nutrients in the gut. I think it's a major factor in CFS related obesity .

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
Good info @ Sean. Dr. Lipkin stated in one of his reports that there was a butyrate deficiency in some CFS patients. Butyrate promotes a feeling of satiety. I believe it is also responsible for synthesizing several nutrients in the gut. I think it's a major factor in CFS related obesity .

FWIW, I started on butter (which has butyrate in it) 2 weeks ago and it made a huge difference in my pem.