• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NK Function - High

ttt

I just had my natural killer cell function tested through LabCorps, and it's high -- 75.2 LU10 (reference range 5.8−59.2). So strange. A couple years ago, Quest tested it using LU30, and it was low. So what does it mean to have high NK Cell Function? Does that mean autoimmunity?

Gingergrrl

I just had my natural killer cell function tested through LabCorps, and it's high -- 75.2 LU10 (reference range 5.8−59.2). So strange. A couple years ago, Quest tested it using LU30, and it was low. So what does it mean to have high NK Cell Function? Does that mean autoimmunity?

@ttt I am confused, does the Lab Corp range consider 5.8 to be a normal NK Function Count? I was tested in 2014 and 2015 and my NK functioning was 5 and then 6. By Lab Corp's range that you posted, this would be normal but my test was done with Quest and my doctor said it was a very low number. It is strange that you originally tested as 30 with Quest and was told it was low b/c I would consider that a normal number. Do you know what the Quest range was when you did the test b/c it seems so different!