• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Preparing LDN yourself

Chriswolf

I'm considering going down that path, is this a permissible topic here on the forums, If not, mods feel free to delete this.

I'm asking for some insight from people who might have done it this way in the past.

Chriswolf

Yeah I searched LDN and that's pretty much why I created this thread, sorry about that.

So yeah, pretty simple as I expected, I figured distilled water was definitely a prerequisite.

Should the solution be refrigerated and sealed then?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I use a mortar and pestle, crush the pill, use the 50 ml water to get all the naltrexone from the mortar and pestle into the glass bottle, cap it and keep it on the fridge.

I take mine in the morning so I get it out, take my dose and put it back. I have forgotten and left it on the counter and it was fine. Make sure you have something with a flavor to drink after since it's pretty nasty.

I've always used filter water, only because I forget to get distilled and it's fine. I posted about this recently and found a site for the Sinclair Method (for drug users) that talks alot about how to make it and store it. The link may be there.

I had a glass bottle from my licorice solid so I just used that.

There might be a YouTube video of how to do it. It's really easy and way cheaper than compounded.

Also, start low. I recently tried again and started with .5 mgs. A friend started with 1.5 and not so good. Better to start slow and ease up.

Firefly_

I don't even crush mine anymore, just put a 50 mg pill in 50 ml room temperature bottled water in a dark little jar and leave it on the counter for a few hours till its dissolved. After that I keep it in the fridge. Then I just use a kids medicine dropper to dispense (make sure you shake it up). As minkeygirl said, it is pretty nasty.

Firefly_

Yeah before I first did that method I wondered myself about the coating but the whole thing dissolved, Just a tiny bit more energy I can conserve.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I know about the energy but it's a good way to take out some aggressions. It sure would be easier though.

I'll have to look at mine and and see if the coating chunks dissolved eventually.

Last edited:

barbc56

I misread the OP's point. I thought the @Chriswolf was talking about making LDN from scratch. I had visions of a mad scientist in a chemistry lab.

Time for bed. I'm so tired I can't even find the embarrassed emoticon!

ahmo

I use distilled water, dump in whole tablets (3), do not refrigerate. I strain the liquid through cloth to remove the solids, but this is probably unnecessary, I started this to make it less bitter for cat.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I've been experimenting with my LDN, dose and time I take it. The last time I tried it I could not take it at night so I took it with my other sups when I ate breakfast at 8 a.m. I did that this time too. I had more energy, it helped with what I think was inflammation problems but around 9:30 a.m. or so, I 'd be so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open for about an hour. Dose didn't matter

I woke around 4 last week so took 1 mg then. I never got back to sleep didn't notice much, a bit of energy. So then I took it at 6 a.m. Again, never got back to sleep, a bit energy and clarity. Enough to know I was going to stay on it even though I think it might be messing with my memory.

This morning I took 1 mg at 5:20 a.m. I went back to bed, slept like the dead until 7:15 a.m. (I never sleep that late) got up and felt better than I had in a while. I had energy (not jitters), fog was gone, inflammation was good. I knew I had hit my 'sweet spot' with timing.

I started to poop out around 9:30 after an hour on the computer (thinking wipes me), but I never fell asleep. Now it's just after noon, I talked to the grocery delivery person, called my pharmacy and made another call and although I don't feel great I still feel better than I normally would.

I think finding the time to take it is really important. Nothing scientific behind this, just experience toying around. I am thinking about trying another small dose in the afternoon to see if I get energy again and clarity. An experiment.

I hate to set my alarm to wake me but given the alternative aka "day of the living dead" I'll do it.

Tata

Seven7

Seven
I saw a thread somebody posted new places to buy LDN prepared at 4.5mg. Can anybody tell me where you buy it? I got charged $85 in my local pharmacy and I am not willing to pay that much. Time to change supplier. I have prescription.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@lnester7 was that one month compounded? I know many people here use Skip's in Florida. I used Harbor Compounding Pharmacy in CM and he worked with me on price but it was a lower dose.

Have you thought about just getting 50 mgs and making your own? You'd have to run the numbers but I know someone who got #30 for $10 so you might be able to get an rx of however many you need to get your dose.

Seven7

Seven
@lnester7 was that one month compounded? I know many people here use Skip's in Florida. I used Harbor Compounding Pharmacy in CM and he worked with me on price but it was a lower dose.

Have you thought about just getting 50 mgs and making your own? You'd have to run the numbers but I know someone who got #30 for $10 so you might be able to get an rx of however many you need to get your dose.
Yes one month 4.5 mg!!!!!