• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Equilibrant

el_squared

Hi,
Anyone out there taking Equilibrant and experiencing side effects? If so, what are they? I've only been taking it for about 8 days, just a quarter tablet a day. I've been feeling extra shaky and flush, wondering if Equilibrant is contributing to the problem. Having had chronic fatigue for a while now, it's not always easy to tell what's doing what.

thanks,
Laura

halcyon

The main thing it seems to cause is an increase in flu-like symptoms for me. I had trouble tolerating even 1/4 pill a day so had to start with even less than that but eventually worked my way up. You want to take enough to where you feel something happening but not so much that you feel unbearably sick.

el_squared

I feel like it makes my blood sugar wonky. Anyone else sense that? Also, I'm down to 6 beads of Cymbalta which could also be making the blood sugar all over the place. I need to get one of those blood sugar monitors to see if my theory is correct.

halcyon

I feel like it makes my blood sugar wonky. Anyone else sense that? Also, I'm down to 6 beads of Cymbalta which could also be making the blood sugar all over the place. I need to get one of those blood sugar monitors to see if my theory is correct.
Yes definitely at first my blood glucose was all over the place. I had to be really careful about not eating carb heavy meals and eating regularly. I still do to a degree but it has gotten better.

Seven7

Seven
It can lower BLood pressure, keep an eye. I can't do more than 2 to 3 a day

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
I am partial to making only one change at a time, that way you have a better grasp of cause and effect. Wean from Cymbalta, then try Equilibrant, or vice versa.

Like Halcyon, my son experienced an increase in flu like symptoms when starting Equilibrant and when the dose was too high for him.

frederic83

Hello,

I would like to contact Dr Chia, I live in France. Can you help me? I try to find his coordinate on the forum, but the brain fog is not helping, thank you.

Frédéric

minimus

I have been taking Equilibrant for the last three months. I started at 1 tablet a day, waited a few weeks, went to 2 tablets per day, waited a few weeks, and then raised to 3 tablets per day. I tolerate this dose -- 2 in the morning and 1 before bed -- without noticing any significant worsening of symptoms. The one time I tried to up the dose to 4 tablets a day by adding a 2nd tablet at bedtime, I woke up the next day feeling awful -- flu-like symptoms and unusually bad brain fog. Hard to know with certainty that it was the Equilibrant because I sometimes have especially lousy days for no apparent reason. Still, I have decided to stick to 3 tablets a day. I already spend enough time feeling awful while working full-time, so I do not want to intentionally make myself feel even worse just for the chance of some unknowable future payoff. I generally follow that routine with any supplement or medication that is in theory supposed to make me better, but in practice makes me feel worse.

At this dose, I haven't really noticed any major change in how I feel or in my ability to function. I have noticed in recent months that my appetite is unusually poor. I have to remind myself and/or force myself to eat during the daytime. I don't know if this is a result of the Equilibrant, a worsening of CFS itself, or some other unknown cause.