• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fluoride Poisoning: Holy Crap!

digital dog

Recently I have become aware of the dangers of fluoride rich medications and the devastating effects that these have had on my family (my daughter, for example, took a fluoroquinolone antibiotic and became psychotic).
This has led me to researching more about fluoride and our drinking water (there are some excellent documentaries about fluoride).
I am absolutely disgusted and terrified by what I have learnt.
I wonder whether some of us are literally being poisoned by this neurotoxic (especially people in Australia, NZ and USA).
There are absolutely NO benefits to investing this chemical (not even to our teeth) but tonnes of scientific literature irrefutably showing how dangerous it is to our minds and bodies.
Unfortunately when you dig deeper fluoride is put into our water supplies because of money. It is a toxic waste product that companies cannot discard of into the sea (as it is illegal) so they put this waste product into the water supply...job done!
I appreciate that this post will probably make the majority of you roll your eyes (until I read the literature and researched this I would have thought it bonkers too) but if the science is showing how dangerous fluoride is and how it is responsible for all manner of symptoms then surely we should all consider this to be a piece of our desperate puzzle.
I would really encourage all of you to watch some of the you tube documentaries about fluoride. They are not full of hippy quacks but chemists, dentists, scientists, UNICEF etc that once thought fluoride was healthy but having looked at the research have turned full circle.
Please read the literature. Think outside the box and i'd love to know what your thoughts are on this.
I think some of you will be VERY surprised about the BS our governments has been spinning about fluoride.

SilverbladeTE

sorry no offence to you but
FOLK ARE JUST GETTING THIS MESSAGE?
well that's because our bastard sick evil systems have been lying and covering up for decades
and I am SICK FED UP with small minded cowards who won't accept that
(I'm aiming my annoyance at the damn fools out there, not you, who for years refused to believe this stuff and gave me grief, sigh)

go read up about the DONORA DEATH FOG,
how the American E.P.A. was started,
how that bastard Carnegie killed hundreds so he and his rich scumbag pals could have a FISHING pond,
how my entire town has been poisoned to hell with heavy metals and not a damn thing has been done
etc, grrr!!!

I believe the cover up on M.E. started in the 50s or 60s in UK because of accidents with workers making nerve gas, recall documentary about those folk and their suffering I saw once, of course late at night limited viewing on channel4 or BBC2 (S.O.P.)
so the government just wanted all such things "Pushed away", not investigated, not bother them (politicians are lazy bastards), not expose problems or crimes, way they penny pinch and won't pay out but actually cost the country vastly more by doing so, etc

once it becomes standard operating procedure to just deny to victims die...and possibly from fears M.E. is just another part of problems caused by organophosphates and escaped biological weapons, they had it "hushed up". the bureaucrat way

we with M.E. are just ONE group who've been left to die

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Donora_smog

Last edited:

digital dog

Nothing surprises me anymore Silverblade.
I remember watching a heartbreaking documentary about a town where a number of children got a severe form of Tourettes. Doctors and psychiatrists all claimed it was mass hysteria (these kids were jerking in their sleep!) but journalists uncovered information about a nearby train crash involving toxic waste seeping into the rivers. They are STILL trying to get people to believe their condition is not psychosomatic.
I just wonder whether early/childhood exposure to fluoride (be it in dental treatments, antibiotics or water) made our bodies vulnerable to attack. It could also explain (partly) why some of us get inoculations and get ill as they have a lot of fluoride in them.
I know my problems started at the same time as taking the anti malaria drug Larium which has fluoride in it. Over the years I haven't even considered fluoride playing a detrimental part in my health problems but the more I read about it them more I wonder.
I will read about the Donora Smog incident.

perchance dreamer

I wanted to stop drinking water with fluoride, so I got a Big Berkey water filter with the optional fluoride filters. I really like it.

My concern about fluoride is that it could possibly harm bones and the thyroid.

digital dog

For anyone that is interested:
tea
fish
dried fruit
grapes and raisons are high in fluoride.

I doubt many people in the USA are drinking water from the tap but even some of the bottle water has too high doses of fluoride.

perchance dreamer

I asked my nutritionist about fluoride and tea, and he thinks the health benefits from drinking tea outweigh the concerns about the amount of fluoride in it.

I think a lot of people in the U.S. do still drink tap water. Some cities have passed ordinances banning fluoride from tap water, but not that many.

digital dog

Perchance, it does affect the thyroid and bones...and brain, organs, skin, etc etc. In fact, in the past, it used to be used as a medicine for hyperthyroidism!!! Great! Just chuck it in our water supply then.

I looked at the Berkley and I like it too. I think we're going to go the whole hog and get a reverse osmosis water filter for the entire house.

It would seem that the tide is turning and the USA will soon follow Europe's stance in banning fluoride. So many people are arguing against fluoridation and citing impressive science to back up their claims.

digital dog

Perhaps your nutritionalist could watch one of the fluoride documentaries or reads some scientific literature about fluoride in tea :) Depending on strength and make, some cups of tea have six times the amount of fluoride we should be consuming daily...and that is a government level so even that is open to question.

Who knows?

Perhaps some brands have only a little fluoride in them.

I wouldnt want to put off people who like a good cuppa. I have seen first hand what synthetic fluoride can do and that is why I am so passionate about finding out all I can about this poison.

perchance dreamer

I think my nutritionist was making a distinction between naturally occurring fluoride in tea and other food and synthetic forms.

I don't know. I only drink one cup of tea a day, and I drink lots of water, so getting rid of the fluoride in my drinking water is probably more consequential for me.

There are lots of good options for toothpaste without fluoride. I like Squigle Toothbuilder toothpaste. It has lots of Xylitol and is good for sensitive teeth.

digital dog

I don't think it is the tea leaves themselves, more the fluoride rich pesticides used on tea leaves.
I wouldnt worry about a cup a day; I know people who drink ten cups a day!
I've always used fluoride free toothpaste because I didn't like the warning 'if ingested contact a doctor immediately'. It didn't sit comfortably with me.

Wayne

i'd love to know what your thoughts are on this.

Hi @digital dog,

I've been aware of the dangers of fluoride for many years. I eventually ran across a good article on fluoride-based prescription medications, with the majority of them being for women. That particular author hypothesized that high fluoride ingestion was why many more women than men end up with ME/CFS, or ME/CFS type symptoms.

I've recently done a lot of research on iodine. The top environmental iodine antagonists we are exposed to are fluoride, chlorine, and bromine (which is ubiquitous in our modern day food supply). One doctor I read about tests all his patients for iodine deficiency, and discovered 96% are deficient, most of them severely.

The more you dig into the toxic things we are exposed to on a daily basis as a matter of public policy, encouraged and allowed by a myriad of political and money interests, the more it makes a lot of our modern day health maladies understandable. Our bodies are being poisoned from many different sources, and unless we take measures to protect ourselves from these poisons, the odds of developing a chronic illness are very high.

Best, Wayne

Last edited:

SilverbladeTE

on a different concern but one that also shows the depravity and stupidity of the "System" and the "conventional wisdom"...see: circumcision.
Anyone normally advocating cutting part of infant boy's penises off would be in jail or dead faster than you can blink!
BUT
add religious and "experts say its good" bullshit and it's accepted.
Funny that, eh?
every year around 100 or so American children die because of it, several hundred left with permanent sexual dysfunction.
For what?
Well lot of it comes down to the sick mix of the Eugenicists and religious puritanical extremists in the early 20th century. (note it was largely s-called "Christians" that promoted that perversion, along with their also catastrophic "Prohibition" and later the "War on Drugs")

My point being, there is SO much that society has come to "accept" that is utter crap and murderous!

yes lets have lots of pointless wars, where our "spooks" have set it up to keep them in a job, thus keeping their criminal deals from ever being exposed, and pkeeping oliticians and their war industry cronies in $$$
(Read "1984", well, ISIS, Taleban, Mujahedeen...same thing. permanent state of war with no point but keeping the ruling hegemony in power and destroying any stable nation who might dare want fair pay for their resources)

Cars: motor vehicles kill more people than guns do in America (on average 30000 vs 20000 or so).
Where is the "anti-car lobby", hm?
or, stopping the War on Drugs crap would half the number of gun deaths

America has iirc, 300,000 tons of uranium hexafluoride stored
read up about that stuff. by-product of the insane nuclear arms race, it makes nerve gas look tame.
At least America has been working on a method to convert it to less dangerous form, unlike the UK!
Way Uk has piled all it's plutonium and waste into Sellafield site is...scary

etc etc :/

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
The more you dig into the toxic things we are exposed to on a daily basis as a matter of public policy, encouraged and allowed by a myriad of political and money interests, the more it makes a lot of our modern day health maladies understandable. Our bodies are being poisoned from many different sources, and unless we take measures to protect ourselves, the odds of developing a chronic illness are very high.
This has been my belief for quite sometime now. I also think that this is why there is very little chance that we will ever see government funding to study this disease. It seems obvious to me that those in power are well aware that environmental toxics contribute to numerous health conditions but they aren't inclined to open up that can of worms. There are countless liability issues at play here. Not to mention that corporations, that basically control our governments, have no interest in any further regulations, regarding the use of toxins, that may affect their profit margins. Hence why you see so much marginalization of this disease such as government health authorities insisting that it's just "all in our heads".

digital dog

There are so many toxins and I could go insane trying to eliminate all of them but...water? Really?
Surely it would be prudent if we all tried our best (I release that health and economics make this difficult) to drink water that is not treated with these known toxins.

I have read a lot about the thyroid connection and it does worry me as I have hashimotos. I am going to see if reducing my fluoride intake makes any difference to that. Wayne, I read about chlorine being problematic with fluoride and it made me sad. the only exercise I can do is a little, gentle swim in a hot pool. Do you think this I should try and avoid plunging myself in chlorine?

I was also amazed at the amount of fluoride in medications. Prozac is 80% fluoride I read. And obviously the antibiotics that my daughter took are mostly fluoride but then so are many antacids, fungal treatments, eye drops, ear drops, anti anxiety, antihistimes etc.

MeSci, I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT. This makes me so so angry. It is a neurotoxin and there is NO SCIENCE to prove that it is worthwhile for teeth and MASSES of science to prove that it is harmful. What the hell is going on?

I feel so angry, but I also feel empowered and also a little excited that perhaps PERHAPS removing as much fluoride from my home will help me and my family. There is a documentary on you tube (can't remember the name but will post it) where the lady at the very end went off fluoride and all her chronic fatigue and fibro and thyoird issues disappeared. It has given me some hope...not crazy hope but a little boost.

I'll take all the hope I can get. In the meantime I am going to see if I can make any difference to Blackpool!

digital dog

Perchance i don't know about organic tea but it would make sense that it is ok...or much better than normal tea.
I don't drink caffeine but I liked caffeine free tea and mint. Im going to swop to de caf coffee...just once a day.