• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone out there having positive experiences with LDI and/or GcMAF protocols?

I have been considering trying anti-viral treatment for cfs, but am interested to learn more about immune modulators as a treatment option before taking AV drugs. Just looking for other people's experience with immune modulators in order to make a better informed decision!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I and many other's here have used immune modulators, inosine, isoprinosine, cycloferon etc. I always took them with antivirals. @heapsreal should be able to offer some advice on that. I'm not up on all the specific medical stuff but if you have a virus, boosting your immune system won't stop the virus from replicating, it will only work on your immune system to fight it better. I think many people use the two together.

Here is a thread about LDI

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/low-dose-antigens-immunotherapy-lda-ldi-lyme.38026/

Thanks @minkeygirl for the link. Sounds interesting, but I wonder after researching a little deeper maybe LDA/LDI a more effective treatment protocol for a bacterial pathogen (Lymes, Candida, Etc.) vs a viral pathogen? At least that is what doctors that offer LDI/LDA services seem to be claiming.

(And I for one still suspect a viral component as the culprit for CFS for my case at least)

Thanks

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have an appointment with Dr. Vincent in March. I am a petri dish of viruses and infections so anything he can do to help me from getting worse is fine by me. I'm not that knowledgable about viral/vs bacterial with LDI. Post on that thread and ask There are much smarter people than me. I have no problem letting him have at it since I've been sick over 20 years and he's my last option right now.

Oh, mine is viral for sure but the longer you are sick the more infections you get per Lerner (I think it was him).

roller

wiggle jiggle
"The beta glucuronidase activates extremely miniscule doses of various allergens (10-6 to 10-17) and stimulates the production of T-suppressor cells, now called T Regulator (T Reg) cells. These cells actively "switch off" helper cells that are erroneously causing patients to be ill by misidentifying normal substances in the body to be allergens."
http://www.drshrader.com/lda_therapy.htm

"These data support the contention that helminth infections elicit a regulatory T cell population able to down-regulate allergen induced lung pathology in vivo."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2213237/

it is said, that people with helminths don't have allergies.

allergy - TREG cells (-)
LDI - TREG cells (+)
helminths - TREG cells (+)

seems, the LDI-treatment might 'compensate/balance' in an 'allergic environment'.
but better to make sure before the LDI treatment, that there are not already too many TREG cells?

it might be good for ppl with allergies, but might worsen helminth-infected ppl (without allergies)?

knackers323

I have an appointment with Dr. Vincent in March. I am a petri dish of viruses and infections so anything he can do to help me from getting worse is fine by me. I'm not that knowledgable about viral/vs bacterial with LDI. Post on that thread and ask There are much smarter people than me. I have no problem letting him have at it since I've been sick over 20 years and he's my last option right now.

Oh, mine is viral for sure but the longer you are sick the more infections you get per Lerner (I think it was him).

@minkeygirl how did the LDI go?