• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone used astaxanthin for atp startup/detoxification?

Has anyone used astaxanthin to startup atp or to detox? I bought some today and am responding really well to it. Seems to be detoxing me and helping mood. I cannot yet tolerate adenocobalamin, and this also helps atp or so I read. Just curious if anyone had any good/bad info on it. Thanks!

helen1

It's the antioxidant krill oil marketers say make all the difference between krill oil and fish oil. Apparently krill oil contains enough astaxanthin to prevent the fat from oxidizing so may be a better choice than fish oil.

Haven't heard it used for producing atp or detoxifying though. What have you read Nikki?

@Nikki7

It's the antioxidant krill oil marketers say make all the difference between krill oil and fish oil. Apparently krill oil contains enough astaxanthin to prevent the fat from oxidizing so may be a better choice than fish oil.

Haven't heard it used for producing atp or detoxifying though. What have you read Nikki?

@Nikki7
@helen1
There are articles and people on mthfrboards who say it is an atp transporter/increases production of atp. I find this interesting as I know I need this atp help per my genetic mutations (specifically for a1298c). Maybe it would help anyone in need of atp and detox? I'll try it for a bit and see and share if it does.