• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is famvir a microglial inhibitor?

Clerner

Can depend on what viruses you have as a common cause of microglia activation is viral infections .
Yes, I have 3 viruses: ebv, parvovirus and hhv6, but I haven't seen anywhere on lists that it inhibits microglial cells. I feel like I always have throbbing/inflammation pain all thru body and muscle spasms/twitching even in intestines. If Famvir is not inhibitor, thinking of
asking dr. for LDN.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Yes, I have 3 viruses: ebv, parvovirus and hhv6, but I haven't seen anywhere on lists that it inhibits microglial cells. I feel like I always have throbbing/inflammation pain all thru body and muscle spasms/twitching even in intestines. If Famvir is not inhibitor, thinking of
asking dr. for LDN.

What im getting at is that if famvir can lower the amount of viruses that could be increasing microglia , so indirectly lower microglia by stopping viruses that produce it??

Clerner

What im getting at is that if famvir can lower the amount of viruses that could be increasing microglia , so indirectly lower microglia by stopping viruses that produce it??
Ok, so not directly. Unfortunately, the famvir may not touch the parvovirus. Thanks for the info.!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Ok, so not directly. Unfortunately, the famvir may not touch the parvovirus. Thanks for the info.!

It may help microglia from ebv or cmv activation?? To treat parvo ivig is what cfs guru drs would use. Otherwise I would look into interferon inducers such as inosine /immunovir or i think dr chia has used equilibrant although its mostly used for enteroviruses .

Just my opinion but i would try and treat the viruses first before worrying about microglia which may be caused from the viruses anyway .

If no luck with that then look at directly treating the microglia and other causes of inflammation like tnf alpha and other cytokines and having good adrenal hormone balance- dhea/cortisol ratio. Good quality sleep is also important for reducing inflammation .

Dont stop research microglia as u may stumble across something helpful. I guess its like not putting all your eggs in one basket??