• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gut and Fat Online Summits in January

ahmo

Donna Gates Body Ecology:
Heal Your Gut Summit is FREE online from January 18-25, 2016

Heal your gut! It’s where health starts and your healing begins! Gain advice from more than 30 of the world’s foremost experts on digestive health.

http://naturalgutcures.com/

The Fat Summit is FREE online January 25-February 1, 2016
Fat is not the enemy…We’re separating FAT from FICTION to help you lose weight, feel great and reverse chronic disease

http://fatsummit.com/

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I don't mean to be dense but is this going to be online? I don't understand how we "attend" for 5-6 days.

I didn't get any clarification from the website

Thanks to anyone with working brain cells who explains this to me.

Effi

@minkeygirl with these summits you just register, and then you should get info about when the talks/presentations are going to be (on the website you can already see the different topics and the people who will give the online talks).

It is usually either live streamed in a video, or like a radio call. Normally they send a sound file afterwards to registered participants, so you can listen to the info in your own time, in case you want to listen to it again, or weren't able to attend the live online session.

They also usually send you info goodies about the topics they talked about, but that's basically just a way of getting your email so they can spam the heck out of you later. ;) (I usually just unsubscribe once everything's over)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Effi. Thanks I have the attention span of a gnat. Please do not Google gnat attention spans! Lol.

Guess I'll sign up. I wonder if the talks will end up on YouTube? @ahmo you signing up?

ahmo

Hi @minkeygirl Yes, I've signed up for both. I listened to quite a few of the gut summit last time it was on, so not sure which I'll listen to this time. More interested in fat at present.:rolleyes:

Like Effi said, the talks are free, and there are some excellent presenters. Then they start inviting you to join a program or buy the recordings, or whatever $-making add-ons are possible. I record the talks I want. and then generally never go back to listen...

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I don't know if I'll be able to listen. Pesky brain and all.

When I was confirming enrollment something came up asking for money.

I used a throw away email so only mildly annoying. Lol

Effi

Just signed up for the Fat Summit. Last time I did a summit I think was in 2013. I'm probably not going to be able to listen though. It's also mostly people I've already seen talks of years ago, so not sure if I'll learn anything. But there's usually some free extra info you get here and there and there will be at least something I'll learn from it.

btw I'm a bit put off by the insane titles of the talks: 'cure (insert disease) forever', 'the ultimate guide to beating cancer' etc.

ahmo

I've gotten email responses from both summits, both say I'm registered for free. I think you're running into their "Click here for full package" to purchase the recordings.

Ah yes,, we're gonna be cured.;):lol:

Effi

Just tried to listen to one of the presentations of the first day (Deepak Chopra), but it was impossible to listen to. Super metallic voice (recording of a skype connection?), my ears couldn't handle it. From the couple of snippets I tried to listen to, it didn't seem like he was saying anything groundbreaking.

Did anyone else listen in?

ahmo

@Effi I haven't listened to any of them yet. I was most interested in fat burning, and found that Yuri's info is probably all I need. Turns out I'm not so psyched for online summits at present. As I'm not suffering from gut problems any more. I'd rather pick up a novel.;)

Effi

@ahmo I had written down the names of the talks I wanted to listen to, but if it's going to be like this first one, I'll just skip them all together. The last time I took part in a summit was years ago, but after so many years of self study about all this nutrition + health stuff, I'm not even sure if I could even learn anything from it. I'll just watch some entertaining tv instead! ;)