• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which type of B12 is most recommended for tachycardia and low B12?

Peyt

My B12 is just under 300 which shows a deficiency and I always have rapid heart beat.(along with Anxiety, agitation, and tiredness due to my heart beating so fast all the time). So eventhough I have a fast pulse, I always look tired.

Here is what I have tried so far:
Hydroxy 12 Pills - Experience : Made me sleep better , I felt less agitated and calmer the next day, but kinda tired. I did smile and feel happy for no reason though which was nice for a change!
I had to stop it because like many other pills and tablets, it gave me a headache after 2 days of use,

MethylB12 Injection- Experience: No headache as I never get headache from injections. But did not improve my sleep much. My agitation was 30% better but not as much as Hydroxyb12

If it makes any difference, I have 3 kinds of COMT+/+ ( rs4633, rs4646312, and rs4680)

I will be seeing my Dr. in 2 weeks and I am debating if I should ask him to give me HydroxyB12 Shots to see if I can get the benefits I got from the pill without the headache, but after reading some of the posts here about B12 I thought it's best if I ask. Which kind of B12 do you think is best for my case?
Thanks so much and Happy New Year!

Valentijn

@Peyt - I do best with HydroxoB12 too, and am currently on high dose injections. I think it largely comes down to whatever works best for you, but I'd say hydroxoB12 injections are worth trying if your doctor thinks it's a good idea.

Nurses showed me how to inject them into the muscle (I went in twice to be sure), so now I can do them myself at home.

If I were you, I wouldn't take HYDROXOCOBALAMIN (aka HydroxyCobalamin). It's FDA approved, that's why, and i don't trust the FDA.
I would take the natural MethylCobalamin with a combination of adenosylCobalamin.
+ Methyl Folate (aka 5-MTHF) and B6 (Only P5P or pyridoxal 5 phosphate) [Also not FDA , not Pyridoxine, which is synthetic man made and probably doesn't work and also approved by the FDA.

Look, I take pure methylcobalamin powder (2,000 mcg), in a capsule form (powdered), and it doesn't give me any side effects, like headaches or being really angry..

but when i take the sublingual methylcobalamin 10,000 mcg (4 tablets = 40,000 mcg), i start being angry, and i also have a headache.

I believe it is not the high dose but maybe the other ingredients inside the sublingual.. there are some sugars and etc.. why? I've seen other with same symptoms as i did, with only 1,000 mcg of methylcobalamin..

I'm not sure, I'll buy pure powder form of methylcobalamin to try to fix the issue (without any fillers or additives), in high doses, 40,000 mcg of powdered this time.

Valentijn

If I were you, I wouldn't take HYDROXOCOBALAMIN (aka HydroxyCobalamin). It's FDA approved, that's why, and i don't trust the FDA.
Your "reasoning" seems to be completely nonsensical. If the FDA approved oxygen, I suppose you'd hold your breath?

Peyt

@Peyt - I do best with HydroxoB12 too, and am currently on high dose injections. I think it largely comes down to whatever works best for you, but I'd say hydroxoB12 injections are worth trying if your doctor thinks it's a good idea.

Nurses showed me how to inject them into the muscle (I went in twice to be sure), so now I can do them myself at home.

Hi Valentijn, did you have rapid pulse rate? If yes, did hydroxoB12 help lower the rate?

Valentijn

Hi Valentijn, did you have rapid pulse rate? If yes, did hydroxoB12 help lower the rate?
I get a rapid heart rate in response to low pulse pressure and dropping oxygen saturation, especially following exertion. HydroxoB12 does seem to help a bit with that, but mostly I use Yohimbe to raise my pulse pressure somewhat.