• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Type I Type II Type III ME ?

Ellkaye

It's the only way I could ever buy into the very different symptoms people have. Different similar rv's leading to similar different diseases. I can buy into the idea of a spectrum of diseases n abnormalities if there s a family of rv's to add it up to

Ellkaye

Clinicians who specialize in ME with decades of experience have always suspected a RV clinically especially as more and more time went by. The hypothesis of a RV comes from clinicians.

If a family of RV's is responsible as the literature suggests then perhaps it really does create all these different spectrums of abnormalities.

It may explain more than all of us actually think.

The RV family discovered by Ruscetti and Mikovits is the discovery that is currently seeing many patients really getting better.

Valentijn

Or any virus for that matter.
Well there is prospective research showing increased incidence of ME/CFS following certain infections, including some viruses. But they're rather boring normal viruses, nothing new or shocking, and nothing retroviral.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the infections themselves are particularly to blame.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I would like to hear more about this from these patients - is this possible?

Ellkaye

With modern means of communication and search it is always possible to track down the information you want, thankfully.

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Some literature might suggest retroviruses, as a matter of fact - it`s harder to find agents that has not been suggested as causative, when it comes to ME. The important point however, is that no research, has found viruses/bacteria to be causative agents for our symptoms.

I see Mikovits proposing all kinds of things as fact, but without the data to back it up. Retroviruses cause alzheimers.. ME is a slow form of cancer.. etc etc. Very unscientific.

What we do have, as pointed out, is loads of immunological abnormalities. And other findings that suggests endothelial dysfunction. When this is seen together with the response rates in the rtx-trials, some kind of autoimmune/autoinflamatory disease seems likely for a subset. It then seems peculiar to not focus on these leads given first, before hunting for virus X - just for the sake of it.

Ellkaye

The submitted data to Science contains all the science that answers all the questions.There s a limit on length and nature of data that can be submitted.There were issues over names of viruses for instance.Just names.
Very basic stuff really.Irrespective of names though her viruses demonstrated properties of exogenous rv's.You dont shut smthg down just because of a name !

Ellkaye

Perhaps the disease is triggered with a RV plus :
One or more cofactors (vaccine ,hormones,deficient immune system from the rv itself over time as an intrinsic cofactor)

Or by one or more of the cofactors being present when the patient gets infected with the RV

Hip

The RV family discovered by Ruscetti and Mikovits is the discovery that is currently seeing many patients really getting better.
I would like to hear more about this from these patients - is this possible?
With modern means of communication and search it is always possible to track down the information you want, thankfully.

With modern means of communication, lots of people can also read this thread and see that you are making statements that you cannot back up, @Ellkaye.

If you are making a statement such as "patients getting better as a result of some retroviral discoveries" or words to that effect, you really need to provide your sources, ie where your heard or read this, otherwise people may just conclude that you are fabricating what you say.

When posting a statement on this forum, it is good to get into the habit of thinking to yourself "OK, where is the supporting evidence for this statement / sentence I am about to post". Because most likely, someone will ask you for it.

Last edited: