• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23&Me to release *some* health data again

Old Bones

I've been considering ordering/submitting a 23&me test for two reasons. First, from time to time I see references to certain results helping ME patients to know which diets or supplements might be worth a try (or contraindicated). Second, I found the request for genetic data from Nancy Klimas compelling -- particularly if at some point in the future patients might get access to her results, enabling them to make better decisions about treatment strategies.

Is the health data available dependent on which country a person lives in? I'm in Canada. I'd appreciate hearing opinions from those who've had 23&me done if they considered it worthwhile. Thanks.

i'm happy with my 23andMe results. i've found evidence of abnormalities in ion channels, collagen, drug metabolism, Vit-B12 transport, glutathione production, etc. coincidentally (or not), Vit-B12 and glutathione are my two most effective detox supplements, and i have ion channel leakage. it's also lovely to contribute to the Nancy Klimas study - might find some significant patterns, that might be treatable.

I've been considering ordering/submitting a 23&me test for two reasons. First, from time to time I see references to certain results helping ME patients to know which diets or supplements might be worth a try (or contraindicated). Second, I found the request for genetic data from Nancy Klimas compelling -- particularly if at some point in the future patients might get access to her results, enabling them to make better decisions about treatment strategies.

Is the health data available dependent on which country a person lives in? I'm in Canada. I'd appreciate hearing opinions from those who've had 23&me done if they considered it worthwhile. Thanks.

I think Canadians have full access to the analysis provided since you aren't subject to the FDA regulations of the U.S.

i'm happy with my 23andMe results. i've found evidence of abnormalities in ion channels, collagen, drug metabolism, Vit-B12 transport, glutathione production, etc. coincidentally (or not), Vit-B12 and glutathione are my two most effective detox supplements, and i have ion channel leakage. it's also lovely to contribute to the Nancy Klimas study - might find some significant patterns, that might be treatable.

Which websites did you use to find that analysis? I put my raw data in genetic genie and something else.