• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solve webinar 17 Dec: Zaher Nahle reviews 2015 research

Sasha

Fine, thank you
You have to pre-register (easy) for these webinars and that allows you to put questions ahead of time to the speaker.

Solve on FB said:
Are you registered for the Dec. 17 webinar with Dr. Zaher Nahle? The interactive webinar will be a roundup of the important research developments from the past year and offer a forum for patients to pose their research questions.

Solve ME/CFS Initiative Webinar with Dr. Zaher Nahle
Dr. Zaher Nahle is Vice President for Research and Scientific Programs at the Solve ME/CFS Initiative. Dr. Nahle has a PhD in Physiology and Biophysics…
ATTENDEE.GOTOWEBINAR.COM

Solve said:
Dr. Zaher Nahle is Vice President for Research and Scientific Programs at the Solve ME/CFS Initiative. Dr. Nahle has a PhD in Physiology and Biophysics from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and Stony Brook University and a Master in Public Administration from Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government. Dr. Nahle also completed post-doctoral fellowships at Harvard and StonyBrook.

Dr. Nahle has published more than 22 interdisciplinary research papers in prestigious journals, including Nature, Nature Cell Biology, the Journal of Biological Chemistry and Oncogene. His PhD thesis focused on studying the molecular mechanisms of programmed cell death and genomic instability using unbiased, high throughput technologies. This work used a range of innovative methodologies and large-scale bioinformatics; the discoveries remain highly cited in the fields of molecular biology and genetics.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Reminder that this is tomorrow - if you register you can email a question for Zaher to address in his talk.

mango

here's one of his slides, just because it makes me feel happy and hopeful :)

map-us.jpg

Old Bones

yes, same here :( i really hope they will find a way to edit the sound before they publish on youtube.

At the very end, Carol Head mentioned that although the slides will be made available, the spoken presentation won't be posted on YouTube due to the sound problems.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
At the very end, Carol Head mentioned that although the slides will be made available, the spoken presentation won't be posted on YouTube due to the sound problems.

Pity! He must have put quite a bit of effort into preparing that talk. I'd have liked to have heard him.

Kati

Patient in training
Oh no! i was counting on a repay, due to concentration problems...

Can anyone post highlights, and soundbites? I like the guy, I think he will bring fresh blood into the field. I think he is on the forum too...

It would be nice if he could record the audio again and pair it w the presentation. He could do it in the comfort of his home. It wouldn't be to hard or take too long to do. A presentation minus the audio is probably virtually useless.

*GG*

Oh no! i was counting on a repay, due to concentration problems...

Can anyone post highlights, and soundbites? I like the guy, I think he will bring fresh blood into the field. I think he is on the forum too...

Yes, he is :) Perhaps he will do the a similar thing again? I had some uncles visiting from out of country, so I was not able to listen live.

GG