• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Alternative healing center at Europe

Cindi

Hi all
I visited an endocrinologist today.(i have severe CFS,severe adrenal fatigue and rheumatoid arthritis.) He said that my condition is so bad that i need to stay at a healing center like place and get a treatment there for my adrenal fatigue and to improve my general condition.(I have anemia,weight and muscle loss problems)
Anyone stayed or knows such a place in Europe? thanks.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
What treatment does he propose you get?

I've never heard of anyone going to a 'healing center' if there even is such a thing. There is no such thing for CFS.

For adrenal fatigue? Also never heard of a center for that

What specifically does he want to do? Find out if you don't know.

Cindi

i lost about 25 pounds over the last two years. I am about 70 lbs at the moment.i also have muscle loss problem and chronic illness anemia. i am on adrenal support but he says it is not enough. he says that i need to be fed with special food,given vitamins intravenously,given cortisone etc so that i can recover.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
So this is just for adrenal support?

I'm Skeptical that this is just not a way to empty your pockets. I am a cynic and not that knowledgable.

Let me get some smart people here to add in. I know there are more but this is who I can think of off the top of my head.

I'd also advise you to read around here. There are plenty of people with severe adrenal fatigue and I've never heard of anyone going into a health center for treatment

Where exactly does he want you to go and does he have a financial interest in this? Again I'm a cynic and a skeptic.

@Cindi

Last edited:

Effi

@minkeygirl I think what Cindi means (@Cindi please correct me if I'm wrong) is something between a hospice and a health resort. It has a long-standing tradition in Europe, usually in a place where there's good air, sometimes natural springs, paramedical staff etc. Very sick chronically ill patients can go there to get intensive treatment in a healthy environment.

barbc56

Wow! I agree. You should be in the hospital or closely monitored. Maybe even the ER?

Can adrenal support cause a person to lose weight?

What other tests and treatments have you had?

I would definitely change doctors or at least get a second opinion.

So sorry you are going through this. Good kuck!

Barb

ETA A hospital could be considered a healing center without the cost. If you have insurance. Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to get rest at a hospital. But at this point you may not have a choice.

Last edited:

Cindi

So this is just for adrenal support?

I'm Skeptical that this is just not a way to empty your pockets. I am a cynic and not that knowledgable.

Let me get some smart people here to add in. I know there are more but this is who I can think of off the top of my head.

I'd also advise you to read around here. There are plenty of people with severe adrenal fatigue and I've never heard of anyone going into a health center for treatment

Where exactly does he want you to go and does he have a financial interest in this? Again I'm a cynic and a skeptic.

@Cindi

I also have rheumatoid arthritis.No,he does not have any financial interest in this. He does not advise specifically anywhere. He just says i am too sick to be treated at home.thanks.

Cindi

@minkeygirl I think what Cindi means (@Cindi please correct me if I'm wrong) is something between a hospice and a health resort. It has a long-standing tradition in Europe, usually in a place where there's good air, sometimes natural springs, paramedical staff etc. Very sick chronically ill patients can go there to get intensive treatment in a healthy environment.
Really not sure..

Cindi

Wow! I agree. You should be in the hospital or closely monitored. Maybe even the ER?

Can adrenal support cause a person to lose weight?

What other tests and treatments have you had?

I would definitely change doctors or at least get a second opinion.

So sorry you are going through this. Good kuck!

Barb

ETA A hospital could be considered a healing center without the cost. If you have insurance. Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to get rest at a hospital. But at this point you may not have a choice.

Thanks so much. I might need a second opinion.. can not go into details about my tests or treatments at the point. It will be too long and i am quite exhausted :)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
How did he determine you have adrenal fatigue? And doesn't a rheumy treat RA? What is he basing his DX on?

I think you for sure need help gaining some weight. I'm your age and am double your weight if I read your post right.

Cindi

He told me that i was in such a bad shape that it would be impossible for him to treat me. Could it be that he did not wish to treat me because i was complicated case
@Cindi I reread this. It seems Like there are several issues. Weight being huge.

Why didn't he hospitalize you?

Much more going on for me to comment any further. Beyond me.

He says mainstream medicine can not do much for me.

Cindi

How did he determine you have adrenal fatigue? And doesn't a rheumy treat RA? What is he basing his DX on?

I think you for sure need help gaining some weight. I'm your age and am double your weight if I read your post right.
i have adrenal fatigue since long time. It is nothing new. he says RA treatment only would not help me as i also have adrenal issues.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Cindi I just googled the wasting disease and it is caused from an underlying issue. Finding that out is the key

I think you may be right that you are too complicated for him. There is someone on these forums from Turkey or around there. I don't remember if it's @adreno or if I'm thinking of something totally different.

I don't know how RA treatment won't work if you have adrenal disease. But I really have no clue. Someone here suggested a 2nd opinion.

Maybe post asking for a good doctor in Turkey?