• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

National Parks Pass

mfairma

My wife and I just made the discovery that the US national parks offer a lifetime pass to the disabled. It costs nothing and, surprisingly, did not require proof, at least when we got one at the gate of a park we are visiting.

Just a heads up to anyone well enough to drive or ride as a passenger. The pass also covers other vehicle occupants.

Denise

My wife and I just made the discovery that the US national parks offer a lifetime pass to the disabled. It costs nothing and, surprisingly, did not require proof, at least when we got one at the gate of a park we are visiting.

Just a heads up to anyone well enough to drive or ride as a passenger. The pass also covers other vehicle occupants.

I hope you had a nice drive!
Great discovery! Thanks for the info. (It looks as though additional info is here https://store.usgs.gov/pass/access.html)

mfairma

Thank you, Denise. It is really more than I can manage to do long car rides and short walks, but it is nice and I am so grateful to be well enough even to do that.

Denise

..It is really more than I can manage to do long car rides and short walks....

Caution - venting.
I HATE that we have so very very little that can effectively counteract the limitations imposed by this disease.

sorry to go OT

SOC

Caution - venting.
I HATE that we have so very very little that can effectively counteract the limitations imposed by this disease.

sorry to go OT
I know what you mean. :( Even most of the small pleasures are denied us. This is a very cruel disease.