• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help starting Freddds protocol

Just need answers to a few quick questions. I've been lurking this site for 6 months now and spent the last week reading all of the b12 related threads and just made this account now so i could post this.

What is the order for starting Methyl b12 adb12 and metafolin? Freddd contradicts himself in different posts saying either start b12 for a few weeks first then add in metafolin, or start them at the same time.

Are we supposed to titrate up? If so what are the specific doses? I have anxiety so wanted to start slow but in a few posts he says this can prolong the startup. So we just take the full doses all at once?

Lastly, what are the exact doses to start with? My brain fog is so bad i just really need to be told specifically what to do lol, i really can't decide for myself or figure it out.

So far what I've taken
Thursday- 100mcg jarrow methylb12, 100mcg metafolin

Friday- 150mcg jarrow methyl b12

Saturday(today) - 250mcg jarrow b12 in the morning and one 250mcg in the afternoon.

It doesn't seem like I'm having startup severly besides that on Friday t night i had very string depression and on Thursday when itook metafolin my heart raced for awhile.

Supplements I've been taking for a few months daily:
200mg p5p, 800mg vit e, 100mg zinc piconolate, 400mg Pantethine 4mg biotin, 450mg chelated Molybdenum, 3mg boron, 150mg magnesium threonate, 500mg Niacinamide, 2g krill oil, 1000mg potassium gluconate, 10g taurine, 5g vitamin c, na-r-ala, vitamin d3 5000iu, grape seed extract 400mg, gtf Chromium 600mcg, vitamin k2 mk7 90mcg, selenium methionine 200mcg.

Really appreciate any help thank you

Ray

Last edited:

ahmo

In my signature are some Guides for FP. The first is brief, with suggested timings. There are contradictions in Fred's posts. Here's a current thread, someone asking for similar clarification to you. You might want to skim through it, if you have the energy.

I think starting B12 shortly before folate is probably the safest. And starting low and slow. Even if you should decide to increase faster after a week or so, don't just jump into the deep end. A couple people recently had real trouble when they pushed folate too hard.

Your start-up schedule looks good. I've done all my dosing by using self-testing. And by symptoms. That's what worked for me. Fred suggested increasing folate by 100-200mcg every day or 2, if no problems. Do you also have potassium available? It's pretty usual to need to supplement K+, as the folate is pushing a lot of cellular action.

The rest of your supps look good to me. Caledonia has a number of methylation start-up guides linked in her signature, both text and vid. Good luck.:balloons:

Hi ahmo, thanks a lot for the informative and helpful reply!

I'll look through that thread now. I'm glad you mentioned taking it slow because I was confused as to if that was ok to do, thanks for the clarification.

I do have potassium gluconate that I'm using. I've been doing 400mg in the morning and in the evening, and I also drink around a half gallon of orange juice per day. (yes i love OJ lol)

Again thanks for the help
Ray

In my signature are some Guides for FP. The first is brief, with suggested timings. There are contradictions in Fred's posts. Here's a current thread, someone asking for similar clarification to you. You might want to skim through it, if you have the energy.

I think starting B12 shortly before folate is probably the safest. And starting low and slow. Even if you should decide to increase faster after a week or so, don't just jump into the deep end. A couple people recently had real trouble when they pushed folate too hard.

Your start-up schedule looks good. I've done all my dosing by using self-testing. And by symptoms. That's what worked for me. Fred suggested increasing folate by 100-200mcg every day or 2, if no problems. Do you also have potassium available? It's pretty usual to need to supplement K+, as the folate is pushing a lot of cellular action.

The rest of your supps look good to me. Caledonia has a number of methylation start-up guides linked in her signature, both text and vid. Good luck.:balloons: