• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Eva Sapi research - Stevia and Lyme bacteria

maryb

iherb code TAK122
there was a discussion as to whether stevia was zylitol but its not, xylitol can be made from different things including corn cob, mine is from hardwood trees, stevia is only made from birch trees.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Stevia - but not sure what amount you would have to consume, maybe find out some time in the near future.

South

stevia is only made from birch trees
Actually, stevia isn't from birch trees. (unless some discovery hasn't hit my radar yet).

Stevia stands for an extract from the plant species called Stevia rebaudiana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia

As far as I know, xylitol (different than stevia) can be found in several different plants, including birch trees, but stevia as far as I know is only in that one species of plant Stevia rebaudiana.

"Trivia about sweeteners for 10 points, Alex" (a joke referring to an old American TV game show). I can't eat sugar, so little facts about other sweeteners stick with me.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@South - Well thank you.. I know nothing....as usual :)
so I still don't know what Stevia actually is. I'm laughing as I type because it is all too much really for my head to take in today, maybe tomorrow I'll find out and understand what Stevia is finally.