• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Effective methylcobalamin brands

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I think I have never tried methylcobalamin. No, really, was on the verge these years but for some reason did not. Cannot say why, its dirt cheap. I know folks here are updated about what brands do work and which are gunk. The supplement industry sells a lot of crap, you need to be well researched, I know this very well. I tried to search a bit but the threads I saw are old. Apparently the Enzymathic Therapy one is the best according to those though.

Can someone help me out with this vitaminic conundrum? Sorry if this was asked recently.

PeterPositive

I am another dissatisfied Country Life user... which I really didn't expect. I was looking for a good 5000mcg B12 and CL was particularly interesting because they only use xylitol as sugar, very little additives, no magnesium stearate, no citric acid.

The first test was disappointing because the lozenges disappear in your mouth in seconds and I definitely didn't get the "kick" I usually got from other 5000 sublinguals.

Then I tried the "between cheek and gum" approach for some time, again I didn't feel any effect but I kept going with those until after 3 weeks all sorts of symptoms had returned: irritability, pain in lower extremities, bad mood etc...

I finally decided to switch back to Source Natural's and voilà... immediate effect, bad mood gone almost the first day, and pain slowly went away after the first week of switching.

There is a definite and clear effect that I get when a lozenge works for me: pain lowers, brain fog dissipates and mood raises almost immediately. When that doesn't happen the supplement doesn't work, at least for me.

Solgar 5K and Source Naturals 5K both work great.

cheers

ETA: Enzymatic Therapy also works great but for the dosages I need I can't suck candies all day, plus there's too much sugar. Last year it definitely helped the worsening of my gut dysbiosis, probably because they use too much fructose.

Last edited:

Thinktank

I find B12 sublinguals inferior to injections, but hey that's my experience.

Why not try subcutane B12 injections for a while? Its available OTC at your place.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I find B12 sublinguals inferior to injections, but hey that's my experience.

Why not try subcutane B12 injections for a while? Its available OTC at your place.
Thanks for the info. My sister is a nurse, I will ask her about it. Of course I have seen her administering B-tamin injections to my grandmother, and felt envious lol, but never thought about getting it myself. I think is not methylcobalamin though, when I checked it I believe it was the prosaic cyanocobalamin.

And I am a coward for needles...

Last edited:

Thinktank

Ofcourse, i always forget that most people have an aversion against needles.
For me it has become routine, i just dab the thing in and it's done.

SC injection never really bothered me but i was a total pussy when i had to do my first intramusculair injection.
I think i stuck myself with the needle 10 times before downing the plunger in fear of injecting the stuff right into my bloodstream.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Ofcourse, i always forget that most people have an aversion against needles.
For me it has become routine, i just dab the thing in and it's done.

SC injection never really bothered me but i was a total pussy when i had to do my first intramusculair injection.
I think i stuck myself with the needle 10 times before downing the plunger in fear of injecting the stuff right into my bloodstream.
Intramuscular is rough man, I remember those shots in the butt of Metoclopramide, that hurted.

Of course, I am willing to eat a cactus to improve my symptoms, if I could I would inject myself Melatonin nightly for example...