• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Autumn flare up-Christmas come early?

hellytheelephant

Hi :)

I normally expect to get worse/ flare-up badly during the cold of Winter ( Dec/Jan/Feb)...but this year Christmas came early, and I am only just emerging from a really bad flare- up which started in late Sept!
My husband also had a shorter,but quite bad pain flare.
It has been quite mild for this time of year in the UK.

Anyone else unexpectedly doing 'duvet time'?

Seven7

Seven
Mine is fall (Sept /Oct/Nov) mine started early also (Aug). I am doing a bit better by now. I take another dive on spring when allergies go up. I have heard for a few autoimmune conditions is very normal to be tied to season. So I am not surprised if some of us do.

Thinktank

Spring should be renamed to hell. I always make sure i'm in (South east) Asia and not in Europe during the pollen season, although Tokyo got me good a few years ago as well, those damn Sakura trees!