• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CPPD/pseudogout attack?

out2lunch

Question: Has anyone here experienced a pseudogout attack in their knee, that was confirmed as crystal deposition, either calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate or another crystal, say… calcium oxalate?

I'm pretty sure I had one on Sunday, in my right knee. Unbelievably painful! The kind of "shoot me now" pain that makes you want to throw up, where you can't place ANY weight on the knee. AT. ALL.

Never experienced anything like that in my life. And I've had numerous injuries and meniscal surgery on that knee, two decades ago, that didn't come anywhere close to the level of pain I had on Sunday. :cry::cry::cry:

Anyone ever have oxalate dumping so severe as to cause a pseudogout attack?

acer2000

i wonder about this too. i just had a big flare up of pain. my most recent UA showed oxalate crystals. can oxalate cause pain? what can you do about it? what causes it?

acer2000

Is there a supplement I can take that would impact oxalate caused arthralgia pain quickly that might confirm that was the case with me?

Sea

I get that severe, can't weight bear, pain in my big toe joint that lasts for a couple of days every now and then. I thought about Gout or Pseudogout but I don't have any redness, warmth or swelling when it happens. It never lasts long enough to consider any tests to find out what it is.