• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AfME gives platform for company peddling "Ancestor Healing"

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
According to its Twitter feed, at its AGM and conference, AfME has given a platform to this company to deliver "free treatments" to its delegates:

afmeqi1.png

http://www.qiwellness.org/

"Qi practitioners work with an eastern healing approach using a combination of acupressure and sound."

"Ancestor healing"

which according to the company, changes the impact that ancestor’s energy patterns have on individuals, negatively affecting their health and wellbeing.

Mmmm.

We are fighting in the UK for increased funding for quality research into effective treatments and cure for patients with ME, CFS.

We are fighting for care packages for patients. We are fighting for appropriate education accommodations for our children and young people with ME, who in some cases, are being hounded by social services.

Meanwhile, Action for M.E., the leading UK registered patient organisation, in terms of membership and incoming funding, is giving a platform at its conference and AGM for non evidenced based "treatments" peddled by companies offering

Ancestor healing

I am so appalled and pissed off, that I have nothing more to say on this, but I thought you should be aware.

Suzy

Esther12

I can't tell if this is a move in the right direction for them or not. They're so far from a reasonable response to patient's health problems that maybe they're best off going further into loopiness, in the hope of one day coming out on the other side.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
I didn't think this deserved its own thread, but I thought it fit in nicely with the theme here.

James Coyne finds a real gem. From 2008, another crazy acronym: EUHEALS, as in yuz gonna heals today baby.

James C.Coyne ‏@CoyneoftheRealm Nov 11
An unethical #MECFS randomized trial that should never have been done. http://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/116609… What were investigators thinking?
Effectiveness of Distant Healing for Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Randomised Controlled Partially Blinded Trial (EUHEALS)

Conclusions: In patients with CFS, distant healing appears to have no statistically significant effect on mental and physical health but the expectation of improvement did improve outcome.
Well, for a minute there, I thought they were on to something, and I think it's called the placebo effect.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Is this the same company?
QI Wellness isn't incorporated so no record at Companies House but it's possible to establish a trail from Ki Health via Emilie Weston to Inner City Monk and Qi Wellness.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ve-health-centre-accused-of-brainwashing.html 6 September 2008
An alternative healing centre based in London has been accused of “brainwashing” one of its clients into making donations totalling hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Other former members have also come forward to allege that “masters” at the healing centre, a registered charity, tried to control clients’ lives and pressurise them to make donations.

The claims have been rejected by Ki Health International, which said it was being targeted by disgruntled former members.

Its supporters claim that it is simply a healing centre using oriental “energy” treatments to alleviate ailments ranging from epilepsy to ME.

However, the Charity Commission confirmed that it was considering the claims.

The family of the former client alleges that the charity “brainwashed” him into making donations amounting to £300,000. They claim he was pressurised into handing over about £100,000 to the charity and £200,000 to a private bank account in South Korea.

A person close to the family said that he underwent a “personality change” after he started going to the centre. “He was brainwashed,” the source said. “It was subtle but he was brainwashed.”

The family has written to Ki Health threatening legal action unless the money is returned. The parents of the man, from London, who does not wish to be named, claim in the letter that he was the victim of “undue influence” when he went to the healing centre after developing ME (myalgic encephalopathy or chronic fatigue syndrome).

The charity, which has been in Britain for 10 years, denied that it exerted “undue unfluence” on any of its clients.

Emilie Weston, 31, a co-director of the charity with Soon Tak Oh — a Korean Ki “master” she married in 2002 and from whom she is now understood to be separated — admitted that an allegation had been made by the family of a man in his thirties who donated a six-figure sum.

“We treat hundreds of people a year,” said Ms Weston. “If some want to donate to a charity that’s up to them. The family got involved and it all became unpleasant.”

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03624078
KI HEALTH INTERNATIONAL

Company number 03624078

Company status
Dissolved

WESTON, Emilie Anna

Correspondence address

Role
Director
Date of birth
November 1976

Appointed on
10 July 2000
Nationality
British
Country of residence
United Kingdom
Occupation
Secretary

OH, Soon Tak
Correspondence address

Role
Director
Date of birth
April 1966
Appointed on
31 July 2001
Resigned on
9 September 2008
Nationality
Korean
Occupation
None

https://innercitymonk.wordpress.com/

Qi Wellness Centre
47 - 50 Margaret Street,
London, W1W 8SB

QI ENERGY AND CHRONIC FATIGUE
Posted by Emilie Weston in Chunsoo Treatments, Qi Classes and tagged with Qi EnergyOctober 20, 2015
Chronic fatigue seems to be becoming a modern epidemic. Everyone seems so tired. I suffered from Chronic fatigue 15 years ago, but now I feel like the only Londoner who is not tired !!

I searched for many years to find the answer to my ME and so I want to share my discoveries about Qi Energy.

A MONK’S LIFE
I am 39 years old and have lived a spiritual life in the centre of London for 15 years.

I live and work as a Qi Master, following the South Korean Qi healing practice rooted in Eastern philosophy and ancient wisdom. Qi masters train daily to harness the power of energy, like the ancient martial arts, to absorb and transmit the Qi from the universe. We give Qi energy treatments, run Qi classes and lead special ceremonies to respect ancestors and purify their energy after their passing.

Last edited:

Countrygirl

I have wasted an hour staring at the screen as I drink my morning coffee in total disbelief!

But................then I realised....................this is the same outfit (along withAYME)..................that became involved with GET and its chief prophet Peter White.....................PACE and Ancestrial Healing.....................both out of the same stable demanding the same level of delusional beliefs in its proponents.............................says it all really.

Sean

I live and work as a Qi Master, following the South Korean Qi healing practice rooted in Eastern philosophy and ancient wisdom. Qi masters train daily to harness the power of energy, like the ancient martial arts, to absorb and transmit the Qi from the universe. We give Qi energy treatments, run Qi classes and lead special ceremonies to respect ancestors and purify their energy after their passing.

This is nothing more than El Primo

WOO

:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Dx Revision Watch

QI Wellness isn't incorporated so no record at Companies House but it's possible to establish a trail from Ki Health via Emilie Weston to Inner City Monk and Qi Wellness.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ve-health-centre-accused-of-brainwashing.html 6 September 2008

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03624078

https://innercitymonk.wordpress.com/

Many thanks for doing the research, Scarecrow. I'd found a Charity Commission entry, but that appeared inconclusive.

Dx Revision Watch

I didn't think this deserved its own thread, but I thought it fit in nicely with the theme here.

James C.Coyne ‏@CoyneoftheRealm Nov 11
An unethical #MECFS randomized trial that should never have been done. http://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/11660

Yes, I remember that one.

Samueli Institute, European Office, School of Social Sciences, University of Northampton, Northampton
Departments of General Practice Statistics, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
CAM Outpatients Department, University Hospital Freiburg
Institute of Environmental Medicine and Hospital Epidemiology, Freiburg
Private Practice, Schönbrunn, Germany
Department of Social Sciences and Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Basel Institute for Clinical Epidemiology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland