• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Amy Yasko (positive experience)

Hi,

is there anybody who has been on Amy Yasko protocol and now is doing better? I'm asking because I have found reasonably priced practitioner who works with Yasko protocol mainly, and is not expensive so I thought I would give it a shot. Any thoughts?

Hi
I haven't heard much positive reviews of Amy's protocol. It's quite expensive also, but if you found a reasonably price, you can try. I'll try Freddd's protocol, following all his instructions (increasing mfolate dose when donut hole appear, etc). I think you should try this, I've seen more people doing well on this protocol.

You did the 23andme test, don't you? My saliva is being analyzed right now by 23andme, post yours here and maybe we can share some information...

caledonia

Greenshots is probably the best example of someone who worked with a Yasko practitioner and did well. I believe she is back to work.

If you're going to be doing any kind of methylation protocol, I suggest reading the documents linked in my signature link. Especially "Start Low and Go Slow" and "Roadblocks to Successful Methylation". There are things you need to be aware of before you start (or you can make yourself worse), and supplements you should have on hand in case you start to get a bad reaction.

ahmo

I used some Yasko, DIY practitioner. Some call it Yasko Lite. I did my early research w/ her free ebook, spent a lot of time on her forums. When I asked for feedback re my choices for RNA formulae, I was told to start w/ OAT and toxic Metals testing (Genova(. In error, I chose something that I thought would include OAT. It didn't, but showed SIBO, and several metals on the other.

This is the information that influenced my progress forward. I used 4 or 5 RNA products over time, felt they were helpful in supporting me, lessening my symptoms. Over the course of the next 2 years of detox and getting the correct cofactors, I no longer needed the RNA. I never purchased her other supps, as I buy mine as cheaply as poss through iherb, and I prefer, generally, single substances rather than combos. Good luck.