• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Online comments bonanza! Post new media coverage here

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Can't keep up!

All this PACE etc. stuff is a GOLDEN opportunity to hijack the media to get our own messages out. How-to hints here.

Some vile coverage is, ironically, giving us the chance to boost the PACE petition:

http://my.meaction.net/petitions/pace-trial-needs-review-now

For example, there's an apparently vomit-making piece by Ron Liddle in the Spectator that I didn't bother reading but used to promote the petition.

Let's use this crap to our advantage! And let's use the lovely stuff too.

Please post new media coverage here so we can start using it.

And please join in about the petition. 10,000 target, remember!

SOC

Some vile coverage is, ironically, giving us the chance to boost the PACE petition:
Those are actually great articles to post the petition in. Sensible people can see the kind of ignorance and hatred we are facing when they read sputum like Liddle's. I imagine it makes them more supportive rather than less.

Note that I said sensible people. Liddle's admiring audience of hate-mongers will never support us no matter what happens. It's not them we're aiming at, I think.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I think they are really pushing the cbt/get stuff hard to try and cover up for the pace trial failings , they know the end is near for their psychobabble .

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
A little blurb in Nature's This Week In Science section, there is a comments section.

http://www.nature.com/news/the-week-in-science-30-october-5-november-2015-1.18711

Chronic fatigue The US National Institutes of Health is stepping up efforts to tackle chronic fatigue syndrome, also known as myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME). In an announcement on 29 October, the agency said that it would be centring its CFS/ME research programme in the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. Its plans include a clinical study on its campus in Bethesda, Maryland, that will enrol patients with sudden-onset CFS/ME apparently caused by an infection.