• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia Lab Results - I was right

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have been trying to get retested for MPN since testing positive (I think IgG) a few years ago. The 'allergist' (immunologist joke) would not run them, said to ask my PCP. I asked my PCP and he didn't even know what I was talking about but did run them. (CPN was negative). And this was while on Roxithromycin for over a year.

Well I WAS RIGHT!

Snip20151031_6.png

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I've been taking roxithromycin for over a year. Not sure if it helped. It could have been worse for all I know.

I see my NP in December so let her decide since the myriad of other health care professionals I've seen think I'm nuts or they don't know what I'm talking about.

Also LDI.

@Effi @Mary crazy isn't it to think yahoo I have an infection!

Last edited:

halcyon

I've been taking roxithromycin for over a year. Not sure if it helped. It could have been worse for all I know.
This seems possible. This is all from Wikipedia, but macrolide abx (like roxithromycin) don't kill M. pneumoniae they just inhibit growth of it. Apparently these bacteria are resistant to several classes of abx due to the fact that they lack a cell wall.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I wasnt taking the Roxi specifically for mpn.
I thought I also had CPN but that came up negative IgG.

I've just been reading up on treating with natural stuff now. Interesting findings that I don't quite understand yet. Neem leaf extract is one I've seem mentioned.

South

Dr. (pHD) Garth Nicholson's nonprofit research center focuses on mycoplasma.

Dr. Garth Nicolson and his wife Nancy, a molecular biophysicist, found mycoplasma in the blood of nearly half the vets with Gulf War Illness they tested.

Before starting the nonprofit, Garth Nicolson was a professor of medicine at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre, and professor of pathology and laboratory medicine at the University of Texas Medical School. Nancy Nicolson was on faculty at Baylor College of Medicine.

The nonprofit they now run is at www.immed.org (site loads slowly, be patient while it loads).

FAQ page is here, and half way down is one antibiotic protocol they have used (they can't give doctor referrals, that's another FAQ):
http://www.immed.org/FAQ.htm

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@South I'm aware of Dr. Nicholson and his protocol. In fact I met him about 20 years ago and talked to him then about MPN. Having mycoplasma pneumonia doesn't mean you have the strain he talks about which is the incognito strain, although he says you most likely do. There is a very specific test used to determine if you have MPN incognito not available from the standard lab.

I would prefer to treat this without ABX and I'm looking into herbal options.