• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can you translate the #MEAction PACE petition into another language?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
#MEAction are looking for volunteers to translate this petition:

http://my.meaction.net/petitions/pace-trial-needs-review-now

into languages other than English so that the site can carry the petition in many languages.

The petition is on fire! Over 2,500 in half a day already. It's gone viral!

The PACE trial drives the spread of CBT and GET for PWME all over the world. This petition exposes its misleading claims of recovery and calls for the journals to retract those claims.

This is HUGE!

Help it get everywhere!

If you're interested in helping, email info@meaction.net.

They've already got someone for French, German and Spanish.

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Tagging some people I know might be able to either do the translation or could ask their compatriots! No need to respond here, just email info@meaction.net.

@mango @deleder2k @Valentijn @Tuha @WoolPippi ...

Trying to think if we have any Greek people here, or Italians, Poles, Portuguese, Swiss...

It would be great to get this into Norwegian asap - the Norwegian PWME have a tremendous base.

Tuha

Tagging some people I know might be able to either do the translation or could ask their compatriots! No need to respond here, just email info@meaction.net.

@mango @deleder2k @Valentijn @Tuha @WoolPippi ...

Trying to think if we have any Greek people here, or Italians, Poles, Portuguese, Swiss...

It would be great to get this into Norwegian asap - the Norwegian PWME have a tremendous base.

Hi Sasha, I didnt translate it but I posted the link and a short explication (in slovak language) in ME/CFS slovak/czech facebook group - the people were signing it

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi Sasha, I didnt translate it but I posted the link and a short explication (in slovak language) in ME/CFS slovak/czech facebook group - the people were signing it

Great stuff, Tuha! But I worded my request badly and I've now edited it. What I should have said was:

into languages other than English so that the site can carry the petition in many languages.

Tuha

Great stuff, Tuha! But I worded my request badly and I've now edited it. What I should have said was:

Maybe I can try to translate it. Just I am not sure if there are much more slovaks/ czechs who visit ME action network and are not in our ME facebook group. I will contact ME action network about this.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Maybe I can try to translate it. Just I am not sure if there are much more slovaks/ czechs who visit ME action network and are not in our ME facebook group. I will contact ME action network about this.

I suppose the question would be whether it would be useful for Slovaks/Czechs who don't have ME but would be sent there by others. We want everyone seeing the petition, not just PWME.

But you're the best judge!

Tuha

I suppose the question would be whether it would be useful for Slovaks/Czechs who don't have ME but would be sent there by others. We want everyone seeing the petition, not just PWME.

But you're the best judge!

I see your point - i will contact them.