• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Muscle aches in right forearm

skipskip30

Hi, I've had an annoying new symptom for the past few months consisting of muscle aches in my right forearm. I think its from using my phone to text and the computer mouse, two things I rely on to stay sane. Its been coming and going and seems to improve if I try to use my left hand for texting for a few days.

My question was if there were any supplements that might help this? I take a multi vitamin and mineral, oral magnesium, coQ10 and a small amount of d ribose and acetyl l carnitine.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have all sorts of issues with my joints. I have De Quervain's tenosinivits in my right hand and texting kills it. Letting the hand rest, icing and exercises is the only thing that helps and will get you back to functioning. . Supplements might add some level of help but if you have some kind of tendonitis then you have to exercise and keep the muscles and tendons stretched.

I just started using CBD oil on my shoulder, which I'm getting PT for, and it helps a lot so maybe a topical. And antiinflammatories is huge, per my PT. I have painful shoulder issues now and although I was able to figure out what was wrong, I didn't know which exercises were best.

Check Dr. Youtube for tendonitis, carpal tunnel, to see if anything fits. Then go to a PT for some exercies.

Martial

I would avoid texting as much as possible, or try the "talk text" options some phones have, computer use you can try some other hand positions,keyboards, and mouses for better ergonomics. Japanese knot weed is great for some tendon, joint, and nerve issues from overuse though.

skipskip30

I hadnt really considered that it might be something other than the cfs, might be best if I give my Dr a visit and get it checked out then. Just so frustrating to have one of my remaining few means of communication become a problem.

Thank you for the help

alex3619

My question was if there were any supplements that might help this? I take a multi vitamin and mineral, oral magnesium, coQ10 and a small amount of d ribose and acetyl l carnitine.
I tried for over a decade to find relief.

I found the most effective muscle rub, far better than deep heat or tiger balm for example, was Mentholatum Ice Gel the active ingredient of which is menthol:

http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/6199/Mentholatum-Ice-Gel-100g

Please note the price. I have seen it advertised for more than 10x as much overseas. Its cheap, don't pay exorbitant prices. Its temporary relief only.

I am a right handed person. I use my computer as a left handed person, even now twenty years after I damaged my arm. Its because I persisted in using my arm for work, including a year of physiotherapy, that I have never really recovered. Adjusting how you do things might be the only solution. I suspect this goes back to the core muscle dysfunction in ME, presuming your diagnosis is ME or perhaps fibro.

skipskip30

I tried for over a decade to find relief.

I found the most effective muscle rub, far better than deep heat or tiger balm for example, was Mentholatum Ice Gel the active ingredient of which is menthol:

http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/6199/Mentholatum-Ice-Gel-100g

Please note the price. I have seen it advertised for more than 10x as much overseas. Its cheap, don't pay exorbitant prices. Its temporary relief only.

I am a right handed person. I use my computer as a left handed person, even now twenty years after I damaged my arm. Its because I persisted in using my arm for work, including a year of physiotherapy, that I have never really recovered. Adjusting how you do things might be the only solution. I suspect this goes back to the core muscle dysfunction in ME, presuming your diagnosis is ME or perhaps fibro.

Thank you. I have been trying to use my left hand for things more, I just need to get myself a mouse thats usable left handed as my current one is very much designed for right handed use only.

alex3619

Thank you. I have been trying to use my left hand for things more, I just need to get myself a mouse thats usable left handed as my current one is very much designed for right handed use only.
Yeah, too many mice are for right handed users. If its a gaming mouse then you might consider the Razor Taipan. Other Razor mice are right handed. I think there are a few specially designed left handed mice but they are hard to find or research.

Seven7

Seven
I use peppermint oil+ thyme oil! Cox1+cox2 inhibitor if you get neuropathy pain then pepper oil.
If Latic acid like pain baking soda.

Note: the oils do not go away w soap unless very well washed so better avoid bathroom after application

skipskip30

Yeah, too many mice are for right handed users. If its a gaming mouse then you might consider the Razor Taipan. Other Razor mice are right handed. I think there are a few specially designed left handed mice but they are hard to find or research.

Its an old logitech gaming mouse that ive become quite attached too. I might try one of the razor mice, its not a brand ive used before but I know they are popular.

I use peppermint oil+ thyme oil! Cox1+cox2 inhibitor if you get neuropathy pain then pepper oil.
If Latic acid like pain baking soda.

Note: the oils do not go away w soap unless very well washed so better avoid bathroom after application

It is kind of lactic acid type pain so baking soda might be worth a go. I will look into the other two, thank you.

alex3619

The menthol rub I mentioned earlier might be synthetic, but there is a type of peppermint oil that is a natural source of menthol. So in theory if you respond to one, you might respond to the other. Do research the Razor mice, many are right handed only.