• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gulf War Illness, Glia, microtubules and neurodegeneration

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
Some interesting and potentially relevant discussions from 2010 minutes of the US Department of Veterans' Affairs Research Advisory Committee on Gulf War Veterans’ Illnesses.

This a long document - pages 10-15 are the most relevant :

Glia – The Other Brain…………………………………………………….…………...10

Chronic Pain and Glia………………………………………………………………….13

Microtubules and Neurodegeneration…………………………………………..…….15

http://www1.va.gov/RAC-GWVI/docs/Minutes_and_Agendas/Minutes_Mar2010_Text.pdf

morse27

hi ME and GWI suferers!

this study is a scandal:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26475444

this study is false, we know many norvegian, swedish , french and other resident in europa (5,000) to know side effects with swine flu H1N1 pandemrix vaccine in winter 2009 ,

many cases of ME and some gulf war illness are in direct relation (just 15 days after this vaccine) ,
you can find all testimony of victims on facebook ,

type word research : "pandemrix ..."many cases of Narcolepsia, MS, lupus, kleine levin, RA, goujerot sjogren......and many ,many GWI diagnose or ME , but its so easy to differentiate these two diseases!

in WGI there is not deep sleep (N3 and N4 in sleep recording) for all patients(fatigue is more worse than ME sufferers) ,
in MEers these stage already exist with some light problem of alpha and delta wave, ME have more immunologic and HPA disorder ,

this study of two American as "Lipkin and Hornig" is shameful corruption in the medical community!

turn it to encourage people to get vaccinated without true information about risk for health.

it is important to remember that 40% of autoimmune diseases in industrialized countries are caused by vaccines with adjuvant of immunity (hepatit A or B, or GARDASIL ,HPV ,CERVARIX), H1N1 with squalene adjuvant same ANTHRAX for gulf vets.

how many victims do you have with spectral autism in USA (+ 300% in 10 years)?
and how much does its in under developed countries who not knowing this vaccination.

this report on NCBI is a scandal, just look at the number of cases reported in each country by the pharmacovigilance services of WHO or GSK or VAERS,
to go above that has the vaccine caused a généocide in the European .

for US citizen population, by chance your leaders have banned adjuvant since 1994, following the doubts confirmed with soldiers of the first Gulf War,
so in effect you have little chance of having victims of EM post vaccination (Without Adjuvant),

for explanation about reality serious effects of vaccines is released by a leading researcher in immunology: PhD yehuda Schoenfeld, in his latest book "Vaccines and autoimmunity" Willey

http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118663438,subjectCd-MD17.html

I received by Stanford university information and a by a scientist working for over 15 years on the GWI, I have this disease and not at all ME / CFS .

I told my " ex" who was convinced I had the same disease!,
but too much difference between her and me,
were too obvious. to conclude we must know that only squalen adjuvant (AS03 or MF59) can cause GWI,
if you do not ever receive this mollécule you can not have this disease.

I was always surprised as was a friend man of Quebec (who chose suicide, he was GWI too) affected by the same vaccine of me, about capacity of his friends EM compared to his capabilities ...

when i live some month with my "ex .woman" who claimed was severe ME, who had a perfect memory ,could stand for two hours on a boat deep sea without suffering his legs and so many differences that
i have not the time to mention all them,

we have many neurologic general symptoms with very different severities but surperposition symptoms to long made for bad doctors believe that "GWI" was fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome!!

now? my doctor in "OMI" is sure i have other biomarkers than all his ME patients, i'm alone and first young GWI in this study with RITUXAN in the world
sorry for language quality ,english its not my first language and with GWI its impossible to learn anything and remember something .

this study is false, we know many norvegian, swedish , french and other resident in europa (5,000) to know side effects with swine flu H1N1 pandemrix vaccine in winter 2009 ,
Most ME patients report sudden onset after an infection. A smaller subsection report it after certain vaccinations, but I don't recall flu vaccines being one of those.
this study of two American as "Lipkin and Hornig" is shameful corruption in the medical community!
They are researchers with excellent reputations, and who have been fighting against the NIH to get funding for serious biomedical research into ME/CFS. I think most of us who have read their research find them to be very trustworthy. Maybe they didn't find the results you want, but that just how it is sometimes. We all have pet theories, and often times they just don't pan out.
I received by Stanford university information and a by a scientist working for over 15 years on the GWI, I have this disease and not at all ME / CFS .
You don't seem to have a clear understanding of ME/CFS. It is not appropriate to reach a conclusion based on one or two patients you have known who claimed to have it, but probably did not. ME/CFS is highly disabling, with a number of immune, neurological, and muscular symptoms. Most characteristic is post-exertional malaise, which exacerbates those symptoms starting about 24 hours after normal or trivial amounts of exertion.

And while vaccines are typically not seen to be a trigger of ME/CFS, there have been several studies showing an abnormal immune reaction to flu vaccines in ME/CFS patients. If this study was recommending vaccinating ME/CFS patients against the flu after disease onset, obviously many people would disagree with that. But they are talking about triggering onset of the disease, not vaccination after onset.

I think it's also important to keep in mind that flu vaccines aren't too likely to be related to GWI. While soldiers do receive many vaccines and other exposures which the general populace does not, and those may very well be connected to GWI onset, they are far from alone in getting vaccinated against the flu. And if the flu vaccine were a trigger of GWI and/or ME/CFS, there would be a pretty big and obvious outbreak in the general population, scaled up from what is seen in active soldiers and veterans.

morse27

Do you have any methodological criticisms of the study?
yes i have , but what for? who is concerned by this here? who is really interesting to search any information about side effect of vaccines ? only people affect by these poison, , some people have not reaction by these chimical product
who can find on internet many testimony of victims , its easy to find and learn, or read this book of greatest scientist :
http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118663438.html
all is explain, in this book , relation between vaccines and autoimmune illnesses

morse27

Most ME patients report sudden onset after an infection. A smaller subsection report it after certain vaccinations, but I don't recall flu vaccines being one of those.

"You don't seem to have a clear understanding of ME/CFS. It is not appropriate to reach a conclusion based on one or two patients you have known who claimed to have it, but probably did not. "

I lived some month with a true " ME" French woman, severe EM (say her that you think she has not have this disease) registered on this group who received Rituxan therapy at the same time as me in the open medicine institute (CA),

I explained her causality of his disease in 2014,and contact for her doc KAUFMAN , to add her in clinical trial, offered the chance to go to California to begin his treatment RITUXAN, all here can recognize her .....

its for your comment about my information, about ME ....

sorry, I know all about literature of EM,illness , I read all the medical literature since 2009;
on the chronic fatigue syndrom and the disease of LYME which you have,(seen in your profile)
very different of CFS/ME;
if I tell you that lyme is less invalidating that EM can you understand it? and what GWI is even more invalidating that EM?
100% of the GWI soldiers are invalid,many are dead , 23 suicides every day ! its for explain you severity of GWI
how many of CFS people are in this condition ?

"I think it's also important to keep in mind that flu vaccines aren't too likely to be related to GWI. While soldiers do receive many vaccines and other exposures which the general populace does not, and those may very well be connected to GWI onset, they are far from alone in getting vaccinated against the flu. And if the flu vaccine were a trigger of GWI and/or ME/CFS, there would be a pretty big and obvious outbreak in the general population, scaled up from what is seen in active soldiers and veterans.
"

you seem not understand that the soldiers of the first war gulf was sick after a vaccine against Anthrax (with SQUALENE ADJUVANT) ,its the same adjuvant in H1N1 flu vaccine used in 2009 (this shark oil is responsible of this illness ) confirm by laboratory GSK

why are victims of vaccine H1N1 with squalene weaker than the ratio of the soldiers?

simply because the soldiers received 6 amounts of squalene and were all young people!
All scientist knows that people old will not develop immune diseases they were the majority of the people in 2010 vaccinated.

the reason is only related to old, the quantity of vaccine has base of squalene and also the force of the innate immune system,
only people having a strong immune system developed this disease

.you will see in little time one will speak about me in connection with the discovery about the cause of this disease in the USA.

i'm connect with all association of GWI .....they know since many years the reason why soldiers not deployed had this illness ? because they just received before conflict only some vaccines and nothing else, its the same reason for european civilian who received H1N1 flu swine vaccine (with SQUALENE adjuvant) in 2010

in fact, I write English very badly but I know much in connection with these diseases

Violeta

hi ME and GWI suferers!

this study is a scandal:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26475444

many cases of ME and some gulf war illness are in direct relation (just 15 days after this vaccine) ,
you can find all testimony of victims on facebook ,

type word research : "pandemrix ..."many cases of Narcolepsia, MS, lupus, kleine levin, RA, goujerot sjogren......and many ,many GWI diagnose or ME , but its so easy to differentiate these two diseases!

in WGI there is not deep sleep (N3 and N4 in sleep recording) for all patients(fatigue is more worse than ME sufferers) ,
in MEers these stage already exist with some light problem of alpha and delta wave, ME have more immunologic and HPA disorder ,

turn it to encourage people to get vaccinated without true information about risk for health.

it is important to remember that 40% of autoimmune diseases in industrialized countries are caused by vaccines with adjuvant of immunity (hepatit A or B, or GARDASIL ,HPV ,CERVARIX), H1N1 with squalene adjuvant same ANTHRAX for gulf vets.

how many victims do you have with spectral autism in USA (+ 300% in 10 years)?
and how much does its in under developed countries who not knowing this vaccination.

this report on NCBI is a scandal, just look at the number of cases reported in each country by the pharmacovigilance services of WHO or GSK or VAERS,
to go above that has the vaccine caused a généocide in the European .

for US citizen population, by chance your leaders have banned adjuvant since 1994, following the doubts confirmed with soldiers of the first Gulf War,
so in effect you have little chance of having victims of EM post vaccination (Without Adjuvant),

for explanation about reality serious effects of vaccines is released by a leading researcher in immunology: PhD yehuda Schoenfeld, in his latest book "Vaccines and autoimmunity" Willey

http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118663438,subjectCd-MD17.html

I told my " ex" who was convinced I had the same disease!,
but too much difference between her and me,
were too obvious. to conclude we must know that only squalen adjuvant (AS03 or MF59) can cause GWI,
if you do not ever receive this mollécule you can not have this disease.

I was always surprised as was a friend man of Quebec (who chose suicide, he was GWI too) affected by the same vaccine of me, about capacity of his friends EM compared to his capabilities ...

when i live some month with my "ex .woman" who claimed was severe ME, who had a perfect memory ,could stand for two hours on a boat deep sea without suffering his legs and so many differences that
i have not the time to mention all them,

we have many neurologic general symptoms with very different severities but surperposition symptoms to long made for bad doctors believe that "GWI" was fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome!!

now? my doctor in "OMI" is sure i have other biomarkers than all his ME patients, i'm alone and first young GWI in this study with RITUXAN in the world
sorry for language quality ,english its not my first language and with GWI its impossible to learn anything and remember something .
@morse27 , do you mean you are taking Rituxan?

And yes, I agree, it looks as though the study will be used to convince people to get the vaccination.

And thank you for bringing this subject up.

Last edited:

morse27

A neighbor of mine got ill after an anthrax vaccine with a whole host of symptoms which she never recovered from.
Logical, this old Anthrax vaccine contain squalene , may be this person had gulf war illness , its so easy to make the diagnose now in comparaison with ME /CFS
new anthrax vaccine and other in usa are made without adjuvant , curious no? , you are alone in the world to no accept this ! war gulf experience in 1991 probably .......
LOOK a facebook group about only victims of PANDEMRIX (H1N1 flu vaccine in 2010 )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/403537326406435/

interresting link , secret of squalene , will not published in ncbi or other
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=119197.40

morse27

@morse27 , do you mean you are taking Rituxan?

And yes, I agree, it looks as though the study will be used to convince people to get the vaccination.

And thank you for bringing this subject up.

yes i take RITUXAN since december 2014 in CA .(6 doses of 1 gr)

many people in the world every day will be ill for life after an adjuvant vaccine, but this information will be not published by any researcher they are afraid to loss job !
research is pay only by private donnor (laboratory)

in all the countries people are reached immune diseases a few days after a vaccine,

it is not a coincidence when that repeats thous and sof times

many ME.CFS people began sick after a simple vaccin ,(polyo, tetanos..) you can obtain this information with Pr shepherd in UK .

Violeta

yes i take RITUXAN since december 2014 in CA .(6 doses of 1 gr)

many people in the world every day will be ill for life after an adjuvant vaccine, but this information will be not published by any researcher they are afraid to loss job !
research is pay only by private donnor (laboratory)

in all the countries people are reached immune diseases a few days after a vaccine,

it is not a coincidence when that repeats thous and sof times

many ME.CFS people began sick after a simple vaccin ,(polyo, tetanos..) you can obtain this information with Pr shepherd in UK .
Is the Rituxan helping? That fb page says that it doesn't help GWS.

Please check this page for a homeopathic remedy for aluminum and see if any of the symptoms match your symptoms.

http://www.homeoint.org/books/boericmm/a/alum.htm

Violeta

Logical, this old Anthrax vaccine contain squalene , may be this person had gulf war illness , its so easy to make the diagnose now in comparaison with ME /CFS
new anthrax vaccine and other in usa are made without adjuvant , curious no? , you are alone in the world to no accept this ! war gulf experience in 1991 probably .......
LOOK a facebook group about only victims of PANDEMRIX (H1N1 flu vaccine in 2010 )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/403537326406435/

interresting link , secret of squalene , will not published in ncbi or other
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=119197.40
Scary! And sad!

It is not only the adjuvant in vaccines that leads to the problems.. Also the nature of the vaccine.. ie live attenuated, inactivated kill .. plus just the toxic components that can end up in a vaccine from being tainted .

For example the tetanus vaccine has the toxin part of the tetanus so although it is not live this toxin has been shown that it can peel away the intestinal wall and can also change the bowel flora..

I myself have healed alot from chronic fatigue of 40 years now.. by treating for vaccines homeopathically < My body was stuck and unable to process things and by using homeopathic nosodes and supporting the HPA axis and liver and gallbladder etc I finally feel I have a life..

This works by using the homeopathic of the actual virus/ bacteria/ toxin involved in a live vaccine .> Also interesting is that my body has gone into natural / massive detoxes of heavy metals and copper and oxalates which I also have had high levels of .. Dr Amy Yasko recognises that metals and pathogens are totally linked .. and the body may not be able to / most likely wont be able to detox these environmental pollutants until the bodys immune system is strong enough to first deal with pathogens in the body.. http://dramyyasko.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/feb-2006-metals-and-microbes.pdf

My problems stemmed alot / all ? from vaccine damage.. My most recent treatment has been for yellow fever vaccine I had in my teens . I went through a massive detox of copper and even relived some of the symptoms of yellow fever even though I have seldom had some of these same symptoms.. ie knee pain , fevers , exhaustion .So my body was retracing the initial assault I had with the live yellow fever vaccine and going through a reevaluation of dealing with this original assault.. The body can only cope with so much inflammation and finds dysfunctional ways of dealing with the vaccines.. keeping us alive but in great duress