• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BBC article on the chronic form of Lyme disease

duncan

Thanks for posting, Beagle.

The characterization, early in the article, of early stage symptoms vs late stage left me underwhelmed. In my opinion, it does not accurately reflect the scope and degree of Lyme symptoms.

For instance: It may cause heart problems? It can cause cardiomyapathy that has killed people.

Mental confusion (is there any other type?) As in...what?

Aches and pains?

Tiredness?

Degrees matter. Authors should iIlustrate the range.

Antares in NYC

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a backlash in the British press at some point - John Cauldwell has had a lot of publicity and goodwill so far, and it would be typical of the British press to suddenly turn on him. Hope I'm being too cynical here.
I share your concern. The British tabloid press is quite callous, and I cringe at the very possible thought of them holding on to the IDSA mis-guidelines to get vicious on this gentleman and his family.