• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Possibly Cutting Gamma Globulin Expense

2Cor.12:9

This is a long shot and probably won't help - but I'm in the US and when I first got sick 29 years ago (1986) Gamma Globulin was just starting to become known as a treatment for CFS.

My open minded doctor prescribed 6cc per week of IMGG which I took for 2 years through a community health clinic. That's a higher dose than recommended here . http://www.cortjohnson.org/treating...onic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs-and-fibromyalgia/

But the shots only cost me $10 because the clinic I got them from gave them as an immunization for travelers. The cost I'm seeing now for CFS is astronomical even for the intramuscular shots.

Mine was taken long ago and in the US, and things are probably different now - but someone might want to check around to see if you can get IMGG shots as a travel vaccination somewhere.

Just a thought.

btw- it gave minor improvement for the first several days - but I was extremely ill the entire time and needed help just getting to the nurse for the shots.

Good idea re: travel vaccination. But last I researched this - the price of IMIG was quite high.
Question: did the shots make you extremely ill as a side effect - or you were extremely ill anyway at the time?

2Cor.12:9

Good idea re: travel vaccination. But last I researched this - the price of IMIG was quite high.
Question: did the shots make you extremely ill as a side effect - or you were extremely ill anyway at the time?
I don't believe they made me sicker - I was already at my sickest point in this illness. They made me feel slightly better for a few days. Who know? Maybe they prevented me from getting worse.

Interesting. I have done research in IMIG - wanting to try it. Even though the shots supposedly really hurt. I read that many years ago folks were getting a different brand than what is available now. They were getting Baygam? or such. One gal said they really helped her not get the flu - made her feel better - etc - no idea why she was getting them - don't think for CFS/ME or CVID. And she did not get them often. But she noted that she felt worse when the "formula" was changed. IIRC she said that a detergent was added to the shots and thereafter the shots made her feel worse - and she wanted her "old" IMIG back.

To add: I found the thread - it is on Cort Johnson's "website". URL too long to type. Our own Rrrr wrote on that thread - re: Baygam. Sounds like the Baygam made by Bayer was good stuff.
Alas........

Last edited: