• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I need help with enemas.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Okay not for everyone. But please can those of you who do these give me some advice.
I've been advised to do coffee enemas, so have been trying over the past few days to try out with just warm water, before I let loose on the coffee.
I realise its something that takes practice and will become easier with time but even so..........
how much water should I be aiming for? I'm wondering if I'm putting too much in the container and that's why I can't hold it in. I did 9minutes yesterday and 2 minutes tonight. I must be doing it wrong as I'm sure my body is normal, but the 9minutes was a one off - the average is 4mins:(

and why does no-one ever mention leakage - these fragranced ladies who talk you through how to do it on you tube??? no on ever says, but its obvious if you need a plastic sheet and towels. Oh and the washing of towels and the cleaning of the mat etc. Its a lot of effort for sick people. I am sticking with it though.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
How much water are you currently using? I googled and OTC enema here and it uses 133 ml or 4.5 ozs. That isn't very much at all.

I wonder if your muscles are not able to hold it in because you may have used Senna or other things? I don't know what you were doing before.

I don't remember having to deal with leakage which is why I wonder if it's your muscles?

Wayne

Hi Maryb,

Sorry to hear about your enema difficulties. I've had a lot of experience and have gotten quite efficient at doing them. In short, from the moment I wake up in the morning, it only takes about ten minutes to have my bed made, the coffee solution warmed to body temperature, fully inserted using an enema bag, with no mess whatsoever, and laying down comfortably on my bed doing very relaxing energetic and polarity exercises. I do all this without ever leaving my bedroom.

I'll send you a PM.

Wayne

Last edited:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Hi Maryb,

Sorry to hear about your enema difficulties. I've had a lot of experience and have gotten quite efficient at doing them. In short, from the moment I wake up in the morning, it only takes about ten minutes to have my bed made, the coffee solution warmed to body temperature, fully inserted using an enema bag, with no mess whatsoever, and laying down comfortably on my bed doing very relaxing energetic and polarity exercises. I do all this without ever leaving my bedroom.

I'll send you a PM.

Wayne

No no I don't believe you:) come and see the state of my bathroom its like an underwater cavern!!!!!!!!!!

maryb

iherb code TAK122
How much water are you currently using? I googled and OTC enema here and it uses 133 ml or 4.5 ozs. That isn't very much at all.

I wonder if your muscles are not able to hold it in because you may have used Senna or other things? I don't know what you were doing before.

I don't remember having to deal with leakage which is why I wonder if it's your muscles?

I think probably because I've been using like 3/4 litre!!!!!!!

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I have done plenty of coffee enemas, they are actually addicting and helpful for energy and constipation. Start with the lowest quantity of water, say 125 ml, gradually increase to 250 or more, and one or two tablespoons of coffee powder maximum to avoid jitters (can be very intense). Eventually I mastered the enema procedure and my colon "learnt" to hold big amounts for long. I felt like the Enema Yogi.

Unfortunately I have to warn you mary that coffee enemas significantly worsen intestinal inflammation, especially the colonic one. I stopped doing them last year because of that and keep in mind I did them for at least a whole year, sometimes everyday. I no longer recommend them at all except maybe a couple of times per year as a liver/gallbladder detox for which they really work. Looking back, coffee enemas were just another crazy thing I (over)did because of desperation and bad advice given in the Internet that accelerated my intestinal decay.

http://www.koreamed.org/SearchBasic.php?RID=0027KJGE/2005.31.6.427&DT=1

Last edited:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Beyond
thanks for replying - however I can say that the person who advised me to do them is very very knowledgeable and experienced. I suffer from chronic constipation, MCS and many food intolerances - anything that can help me detox will help I'm sure.

I will take it slowly, its all a big learning curve for me, I did think I maybe should have had one done professionally first but I'm just too exhausted at the present time.
Think the secret is to make sure the coffee stays in the lower part - not good further up, that's why I'm practising with water until I get it right.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I hope it goes well for you. I know that others with "leaky gut" on CureZone had the same experience with coffee enemas that I did. Just I would avoid doing them frequently. Sometimes allopaths get it right - I think that is the case with coffee enemas.

Wayne

Maryb, you may want to check out THIS WEBSITE. It's run by a woman who had very severe MCS, causing rectal bleeding and weight loss down to 90 lb. She recovered using a variety of methods, including using coffee enemas and other detox. methods. She has a brief 2-3 minute video on MCS at the above link, which also has other videos involving enemas).

taniaaust1

If I do an enema, I do it in the bathtub!! I suggest to do that as its so much easier to clean up (and I too sometimes leak it out). Easier to wash bathtub while Im still in there then it is to have to wash a towel.

South

Easiest gadget to use (not an enema bag): a plastic squeeze bottle with a removeable pointy-lid, like the kind used in diners or at picnics for ketchup or mustard.

Don't laugh, these are so much easier than dealing with the silly enema bags/tubes. The only drawback is some of them leak a little at the thread where the top attaches to the bottle, so do put a towel under you. And the enema bags with tubes leak too, so this wasn't really a disadvantage in my opinion, with these bottles.

The volume of coffee for the coffee enema does not have to a lot of liquid at all for it to work, despite the old recommendations that started who knows where. I only have about 3 or 4 oz of liquid in my bottle when I do a coffee enema.

A typical example is at this link on Amazon, but they are available elsewhere too:
http://www.amazon.com/12-oz-Squeeze-Bottles-pk-Clear/dp/B000QJBNII/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1389924769&sr=1-1&keywords=ketchup bottle

Hi to all,
Better late than never:
In 2010, I discovered intestinal cleansing and liver cleanse. I carried out many of them, did many experiences these past years, and saw great improvements on my health.
To share my experience and my results, I created the website agirsante.fr, now translated in English with iraisemyhealth.info. Special chapter for enemas. You'll find there many informations and dozens testimonials.
I hope that will help you.
Best regards,
Denis.

Thanks @Denis, I will most assuredly be looking over your website to glean some good information from your experiences.

Hi Wayne, I have a question please.
Down in the page iraisemyhealth.info/enemas I've inserted a video to explain how doing an abdominal massage during an enema at home. What would be the best for you :
- As it is now, i.e. speech in French and texts in English.
- Or speech with an awfull accent (I'm not used to speak English) and texts in English
Thank for your advice.