• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New....Posting Genetic Genie Resuts

I need help deciphering these. I started looking these up individually and ended up just confusing myself immensely. Can anyone help me understand what they mean and what if anything I can do to remedy any or all?
I feel like I need Genetic Genie for dummies, or something! And also in looking at my lists like I'll be close to writing my own book of letters and numbers.
My fingers are crossed, along with my eyes, that I'm not too horribly bad off having these!
Thank you, anyone and everyone, for having a look.
Methylation Profile: Red:
COMT V158M AA
COMT H62H TT
VDR Taq AA
MAO A R297R TT
MTRR A66G GG
Yellow:
MTHFR A 1298C GT
MTR A2756G AG
MTRR A664A AG
BHMT-02 CT
BHMT-08 CT
CBS C699T AG
CBS A360A

Detox Profile: Red:
CYP2D6 S486T GG
CYP3A4*1B CC
Yellow:
CYP1A2 164A>C AC
CYP1B1 L432V CG
CYP1B1 R48G CG
CYP2C19*17 CT
CYP2D6 100C>T AG
CYP2D6 2850C>T AG
GSTP1 I 105V AG
SOD2 A16V AG
NAT2 I 114T CT
NAT2 R197Q AG
NAT2K268R AG

TheChosenOne

The COMT + MAOA combination is a potential problem. I have severe issues tolerating methylation donors, so you might have them too. I really hate the COMT gene :(
It's best to increase supplements slowly. I've tried a lot of supplements to stimulate COMT. The one that made a huge difference is lithium orotate.
You only have one minor MTHFR mutation, so you may not need methylfolate. But methylfolate is good for other things (like the protection of BH4, which can be low in people with ME/CFS).
You have mutations with regard to methylB12, so it's something you probably need.
Start slow (eg 50 mcg).
BHMT is just a minor issue as it is not active in the brain. Phosphatidylcholine or TMG support this pathway.
If you get signs of anxiety, irritability, anger or mood swings, it means you are taking too much methyl donors with regard to COMT/MAOA status.

Detox:
SOD2: superoxide dismutase. This is mitochondrial protection against superoxide, oxidative stress and inflammation. Supplementing manganese supports SOD2.
GSTP1: This is an important one. It uses reduced glutathione for detoxification.
I have no idea about the others.

No lies.............I am close to tears!
Needless to say I have been doing a lot of reading. Thank you so much ChosenOne and Caledonia.
My main concern right now is whether or not I need to wean of my current meds.
I am taking a massive dose of Potassium. 210 meq Daily. Along with Hydrocortisone, Fludrocortisone, NatureThroid, Sea Salt,Vit D 6000, Krill Oil 2000, MK-7 100mcg., Magnesium 750 mg., BComplex, Vit C 1000, BiEstro Estrogen, and 1000mcg MethylB-12.
Since my MD left town on me, last month, it seems that my only recourse would to be to wean off?!
I live essentially in the middle of nowhere...........one of those fly over states.......with not alot of options when it comes to healthcare. So finding a physician is a task, let alone finding someone who can work on these issues with me.
So, .................I'm feeling stuck.........Has anyone else been through this? Would anyone have any suggestions for me?

TheChosenOne

I work with no doctor (currently), because I have no money to pay for one (I'm a student) and I'm fine. The most important reason you need a doctor is to run test.
I see that you are taking 1000 mcg MethylB12. That is an awful lot. Are you able to tolerate this dose? You are also taking a B complex. Does it contain folic acid? This is not always good for everyone.

caledonia

No lies.............I am close to tears!
Needless to say I have been doing a lot of reading. Thank you so much ChosenOne and Caledonia.
My main concern right now is whether or not I need to wean of my current meds.
I am taking a massive dose of Potassium. 210 meq Daily. Along with Hydrocortisone, Fludrocortisone, NatureThroid, Sea Salt,Vit D 6000, Krill Oil 2000, MK-7 100mcg., Magnesium 750 mg., BComplex, Vit C 1000, BiEstro Estrogen, and 1000mcg MethylB-12.
Since my MD left town on me, last month, it seems that my only recourse would to be to wean off?!
I live essentially in the middle of nowhere...........one of those fly over states.......with not alot of options when it comes to healthcare. So finding a physician is a task, let alone finding someone who can work on these issues with me.
So, .................I'm feeling stuck.........Has anyone else been through this? Would anyone have any suggestions for me?

That's a lot of delicate stuff which should be under a doctor's care.

See if you can find a functional medicine practitioner (traditional doctor who is also versed in alternative medicine).
https://www.functionalmedicine.org/practitioner_search.aspx?id=117
I was surprised how many of these were in my area.
https://www.functionalmedicine.org/practitioner_search.aspx?id=117
Or maybe a regular GP plus a naturopath.