• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Picking the best 5000 mcg brand of méthylation b12, help

gu3vara

Hi,

Which brand of methylb12 should I pick if I'm looking at 5000 mcg lozenges? Slogar, jarrow, country life? I use enzymatic therapy 1000 mcg right now but would like to ramp up.

Thx!!

PeterPositive

Solgar is good, and Source Naturals too.

As regards Solgar I used the 1000mcg a long time ago and was not very happy because the nuggets (as they call them) dissolve super fast.

The 5000mcg however don't have this problem, they last quite a bit and are effective.

Country life have very good ingredients and little sugar but they dissolve almost instantaneously. If you put them between cheeck and gum they last almost an hour but I don't find them very effective, this way. I used an entire bottle in August and slowly noticed several symptoms returning, related to B12. When I switched back to Source Naturals I immediately felt the effect and recovered in about one week.

cheers

Solgar is good, and Source Naturals too.

As regards Solgar I used the 1000mcg a long time ago and was not very happy because the nuggets (as they call them) dissolve super fast.

The 5000mcg however don't have this problem, they last quite a bit and are effective.

Country life have very good ingredients and little sugar but they dissolve almost instantaneously. If you put them between cheeck and gum they last almost an hour but I don't find them very effective, this way. I used an entire bottle in August and slowly noticed several symptoms returning, related to B12. When I switched back to Source Naturals I immediately felt the effect and recovered in about one week.

cheers
Do you still using Source Naturals? Freddd said this brand has 0 effectiveness

PeterPositive

Do you still using Source Naturals? Freddd said this brand has 0 effectiveness
I do, and it definitely does work, no doubt. Alternatively I use Solgar's Methyl-B12 which is equally effective and has significantly less sugar.

Cheers