• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Smart drugs website?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
@alice111 I've been curious about these too. I believe @heapsreal is one person who has tried piracetam, I think there are others. There may be a thread. Although I think it may have been this site: http://peaknootropics.com/shop/piracetam/ they dealt with.

Piracetam made me sleepy , aniracetam was good but its been awhile. Pramiracetam was energizing as was noopept but tolerance happens quickly. Definitely worth a shot and used as needed.

Wayne

I've tried piracetam and found it to be way too stimulating, even in very small doses (about 1/10 of a capsule). So I tried aniracetam, which is supposed to be much more "relaxing". When combined with l-theanine, it was supposed to be a totally calming experience. I found that combination to also be too stimulating, even at very low doses.

So I re-tried L-Pyroglutamic Acid, the amino acid that all these nootropics are modeled after with various kinds of tweeks. It seemed like a more natural way to go, although I doubted whether it would be strong enough to make a difference. Turns out, I couldn't really tolerate that either, which I also find to be uncomfortably stimulating.

I have to say though, that before I got to the uncomfortable stimulating phase, I did notice and enjoy a certain degree of extra energy and mental sharpness that accompanied it. But for me, it's way too much like drinking coffee, or a bit too much coffee. I'm just better off without it, as it affects me (with sleep and more) long after it would for a normal person.

@alice111, If I were to recommend a way to start exploring nootropics, I'd probably suggest starting out with l-pyroglutamic acid. At the link above, you can get 30 tablets at Amazon for $7.33, a cheap and easy way to start. If that doesn't work, then maybe go to the tweeked nootropics from there.

What I like about the Powder City website is that it gives very thorough descriptions of all of them, so you can make a relatively well-formed opinion. But as with most things for pwCFS, what is generally true for normal people may not be the case for us.

All the Best, Wayne

Last edited:

alice111

Since this topic is going to be honest I don't really understand what nootropics do...??? Can anyone explain this in a very brain fog friendly way :) ?

panckage

powdercity like everyonbe else! :)
@alice111 as a fellow Canadian it has reasonable shipping fees to here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/ is a great resource for nootropics info and vendor safety

I've bought about 10 supplements so far. noopept is the only one I think that may (or may not) work so far. If it does then I have found increased focus from it :D

alice111

powdercity like everyonbe else! :)
@alice111 as a fellow Canadian it has reasonable shipping fees to here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/ is a great resource for nootropics info and vendor safety

I've bought about 10 supplements so far. noopept is the only one I think that may (or may not) work so far. If it does then I have found increased focus from it :D

@panckage do u mind my asking which other ones you tried?

panckage

@panckage do u mind my asking which other ones you tried?
It's copied and pasted. I'm too tired to edit it properly haha

Ashwagandha Extract (2.5% Withanolides) - anxiety
B Complex Sublingual Liquid
Caffeine Anhydrous - with L-Theanine ashwagandha
Choline bitartrate - 500mg noopept headaches
D-Ribose - energy, diarrhea?
DHEA - made from yam or SOY
L-Theanine - tea. For anxiety. As needed + caffeine
Melatonin
Noopept - focus, euphoria?
Phenibut
Rhodiola Rosea