• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solgar Methylcobalamin 5000mcg, how are people taking it?

I have recently started taking Solgar MB12. On the front label the product is described as "sublingual", but the detailed instructions on taking it are "place nugget under tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing it".

I had always thought that stomach acid destroyed B12 and am inclined to let it completely dissolve under my gum.

How are other people taking this product?

Thanks,

Wendy

drob31

I know Freddd recommends placing it between lip and gum and leaving it there until it fully dissolves, which could take 30 min - 1 hour.

helen1

Definitely needs to be absorbed sublingually (or via shots). Keep it against your cheek or gum for as long as possible.

Valentijn

Definitely needs to be absorbed sublingually (or via shots).
It probably can't be absorbed sublingually, and certainly not in the gum. MethylB12 is simply too large.

However large amounts of B12 can't be absorbed in the GI tract at the same time. So it probably is a bit helpful to put it under the gum to slow down the speed at which it dissolves and trickles down into the GI tract.