• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sun and sea,

Hi I was very active before this ,but started to notice about 3 mths before it really kicked in that the sun and sea and heat really knocked me around ,Im having trouble sun sitting although it was to long the otherday, I forget about the pacing thing sometimes .Anyone else ?

ahmo

I find after I've been sitting in the sun, probably max 45 minutes, during Winter months, I need extra antioxidants. Have to have a rest after sitting in sun.:rolleyes:

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Hi I was very active before this ,but started to notice about 3 mths before it really kicked in that the sun and sea and heat really knocked me around ,Im having trouble sun sitting although it was to long the otherday, I forget about the pacing thing sometimes .Anyone else ?

I avoid the sun at all costs. Sun and heat exhaust me. If I go out in it I always sit in the shade and move as little as possible. If there isn't any shade I wear a wide-brimmed hat. If there is some shade I'll probably wear the hat anyway. And sunscreen 50. I've also had skin cancer and don't want any more. Don't like the sun at all.

drob31

Sunlight and vitamin D upregulation would hypothetically calm an overactive immune system. If it were underactive, it may also be inhibitory?