• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Growth Hormone Releasers Cause Sleepiness?

Ema

Does anyone know if sleepiness is a side effect of growth hormone releasers like Sermorelin and GHRP2?

I'm trying to decide if this indicates the dose is too high or is just a typical adjustment to having higher levels of growth hormone. I've seen many sites claim growth hormone itself improves deep sleep but I'm not sure about the secretagogues.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I have heard the can. There is also a sleep inducing peptide which had a few studies on it showing its efficiency .
A guy i was in contact with but have lost his email etc, he said he used gh for 12 months and it improved his sleep even after he stopped . He still had cfs symptoms .

I know at the moment its like 300 a month for gh and peptides here in australia atent much cheaper.

I would like to try the ghrp2. But heard injections are much better.

Ema

I have heard the can. There is also a sleep inducing peptide which had a few studies on it showing its efficiency .
A guy i was in contact with but have lost his email etc, he said he used gh for 12 months and it improved his sleep even after he stopped . He still had cfs symptoms .

I know at the moment its like 300 a month for gh and peptides here in australia atent much cheaper.

I would like to try the ghrp2. But heard injections are much better.
Hmmm. So it sounds like not only does it not go away, it persists. Great.

Hip

I have tried the following injectable growth hormone releasers:

CJC-1295,
CJC-1295 DAC
ipamorelin

and the oral growth hormone releaser:

MK-677

I have also tried actual growth hormone (HGH) injections, at 1 IU daily.

None made feel tired or sleepy while taking them.

Equally though, none brought much in the way of benefits for my symptoms, with the exception of the HGH injections, which seemed to noticeably improve my anhedonia (but then when I stopped HGH after 10 days of daily injections, my anhedonia got even worse for a few days).

I am thinking of taking HGH injections longer term because of this antidepressant effect. It is very difficult to find any sort of treatment for anhedonia-type depression, so the fact that I found HGH has some benefit for anhedonia is quite remarkable.

The problem with HGH injections is that they can lower your body's natural production of HGH, and I think this might have been the reason I felt worse for several days after stopping HGH.

I read that you don't get this lowering of HGH production when you take growth hormone releasers. But unfortunately growth hormone releasers did not work for me. It could be that my pituitary just does not respond to them.

A quick Google search reveals that some people do get sleepy with these injectable growth hormone releasers.

By the way, I compiled a list of characteristics of various growth hormone releasers in this post, in case this is helpful for anyone.

Last edited:

Hip

Did you get any itchiness or irritation at the injection site?

Generally no. Out of all the times I have taken various injectable body-builder's peptides, I find I get a very slight swelling (which feels slightly hard to the touch) and mild itchiness say once every 10 injections, but this goes away within half a day or so. Not sure why it occasionally occurs.

Are you getting this problem?

I use the same protocol every time: clean my hands and the injection site on my belly area with alcohol (I make up a solution of 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% water — if you use 100% alcohol, it is actually less effective in sterilization). I used Hospira bacteriostatic water to reconstitute the dry peptides, which I keep in the fridge and discard one month after first using. I use pretty thin 30 gauge needles.

Ema

Are you getting this problem?
Yes, all of a sudden in the past few days. I'm just starting the third vial so it's been about a month of injections.

I just use the isopropyl alcohol wipes that come with my Hizentra IgG replacement.

I wash hands and then wipe the top of the vial and then use a new wipe on my belly before injecting.

I was thinking about using my flanks instead. I had trouble with site reactions in my belly with the Hizentra too.

I just don't want to develop an allergy but it looks like site reactions and itchiness are somewhat common from the patient info website.

Hip

Presumably if you did develop an allergy, it would be to your growth hormone releaser peptide/hormone, rather than to HGH itself, which wouldn't be good.

Which peptide/hormone have you been taking?

Ema

Presumably if you did develop an allergy, it would be to your growth hormone releaser peptide/hormone, rather than to HGH itself, which wouldn't be good.

Which peptide/hormone have you been taking?
Sermorelin and GHRH2 3/3

It's definitely got to be to the injection itself as it is localized and goes away in a day or two. But it's no fun.

Ema

Someone suggested that the site reactions and itchiness might be down to the preservative in the bac water. Their idea was to use plain sterile water instead.

So I think I will try that instead but I forgot to ask if that was safe with multi use vials? Any ideas?

Hip

Someone suggested that the site reactions and itchiness might be down to the preservative in the bac water. Their idea was to use plain sterile water instead.

So I think I will try that instead but I forgot to ask if that was safe with multi use vials? Any ideas?

I know the bacteriostatic water once first used has a safe life of around 1 month in the fridge, but I am not sure about just sterile water. I imagine it will be much shorter.

Have you looked into factors such as the speed with which you inject the solution? I inject quite slowly, to ensure the liquid does not build up in one spot in the tissues, but has time to disperse. Also, I get the impression that if is there is lateral movement of the needle while under your skin, it may cause some minor damage to the tissues, possibly leading to some inflammation; so I try to only move the needle in the in-out direction, and try to avoid moving it laterally.

Ema

Sterile water is a bust. It stings like a wasp. Apparently everyone knows this but me because when I google "sterile water stings", I get tons of posts. Wish I'd thought to google that before trying it...live and learn!

Hip

I think in the case of growth hormone releasing peptides (GHRP), these can also be taken intranasally as well as by injection.

There are a few studies on this, which you can see in this Google search.

I don't think intranasal application is possible with growth hormone releasing hormones (GHRH) though, as far as I am aware (though I am not sure). Peptides are fragments of the hormone protein molecule, and so are smaller in size.

Growth Hormone Releasing Peptides (GHRP):
GHRP-6
GHRP-2
Ipamorelin
Hexarelin

Growth Hormone Releasing Hormones (GHRH):
CJC-1295
CJC-1293
GRF(1-29)
Sermorelin

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Sterile water is a bust. It stings like a wasp. Apparently everyone knows this but me because when I google "sterile water stings", I get tons of posts. Wish I'd thought to google that before trying it...live and learn!

Can u use it with saline ?
The other option is instead of saline or sterile water, u could use a numbing solution (like a lignocaine?)to mix and drawn up the peptides , if it doesn't ruin the peptides?

Ema

Can u use it with saline ?
The other option is instead of saline or sterile water, u could use a numbing solution (like a lignocaine?)to mix and drawn up the peptides , if it doesn't ruin the peptides?
I think I'll try saline next...

Crazy thing is that apparently it is a "thing" for midwives to give injections of sterile water in the back of laboring women to help somehow with the pain of childbirth. Hahahaha! I can only imagine being in labor and having someone suggest wasp stings....maybe you forget about the pain while you are busy firing your midwife??

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Firing your midwife??!!! :rofl:only in the USA....in the UK you do as you're told and get the injection.

Ema

So another wrinkle in my GHRP2/Sermorelin experiments...

I got my doctor to write a script for a compounding pharmacy version. It comes with their own brand of bac water...and so far no itching or welts. Even in my stomach which is a miracle.

I think it took a week or two for the itching to start up last time so I'm cautiously hopeful that maybe I just got some crap products off the Internet. That would suck but I would rather be able to tolerate the injections to see if it will help!

Stay tuned...