• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LD naltrexone with xanax? How about red wine? Success stories?

2Cor.12:9

Hi. I'm going to ask my new doctor for a prescription for 1.5 mg of LDN tomorrow for CFS relapse symptoms and pain.

I don't know if she knows anything about CFS or if she will be familiar with LDN, but I'm going to beg her to let me try it.

I take a small dose of Xanax (.125) x4 daily and also a beta blocker and wondered if either of them would be a problem with LDN.

Also, I rarely drink but do enjoy red wine occasionally. Any problem there?

I would also love to hear some success stories.

Thank you!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I take a small dose of Xanax (.125) x4 daily and also a beta blocker and wondered if either of them would be a problem with LDN.
As others have said, those should not be a problem. Only meds, supps that work through the opiate receptors.

Also, I rarely drink but do enjoy red wine occasionally. Any problem there?Shouldn't be a problem, from anything I have read.
You may not want to start at such a high dose. Many people here start at .25 - .5 mgs.
Agreed. Some do fine with 1.5 mgs and for others it is too much. You don't know how you will respond so starting low and working up sounds like a good plan.

Firefly_

I started at 1 mg and didn't have any trouble then raised by .5 mg every few days or so (compounding my own out of 50 mg tablets) and now I take around 3.5 mg a day. Doesn't seem to matter whether I take it night or day (sleep is already trashed so didn't make that any better or worse) I thought it helped me in the 1st couple of days but may have been coincidental then about 3 weeks later I added in d-ribose and had a noticeable bump in energy so I can't say for sure which thing helped. I also have a drink or 2 some nights and ambien sometimes and haven't noticed any ill effects with the LDN.