• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Yolanda Foster Has 20-Year-Old Leaky Silicon Implant Removed to Help Alleviate Lyme Disease Symptoms

Ecoclimber

Yolanda Foster Has 20-Year-Old Leaky Silicon Implant Removed to Help Alleviate Lyme Disease Symptoms

Yolanda Foster married to David Foster, 45 Grammy awards nominee, record producer/composer/songwriter, may be one step closer to finding a cure for her Lyme disease. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star, 51, shared a bathroom selfie, letting fans know that she had a leaking silicon implant removed on Friday, Aug. 7...

...“Turn a mess into a message.......We might have hit the jackpot by finding all this silicone from a 20 year old implant rupture through ultrasound mapping as shown in this selfie. Thank you Dr.Feng for holding my hand and leading the way #UncoveringTheMystery #ChronicLymeDisease #ExPlantSurgery @FengClinic #MyHealthJourney #DeterminedToFindACure,” the ill reality star captioned the photo of her body covered by just a towel...

...Sources confirm to Us the leaking implant was exacerbating the symptoms of her Lyme disease. Since removing both implants, doctors expect Foster’s condition to improve, although it’s unclear whether it will cure the Lyme disease...

barbc56

Haven't silicone implants cause a myriad of conditions and autoimmune reactions? I was thinking silicone isn't used anymore because of this but may be misremembering this.

Sure glad I never had the money (nor desire) to get implants.;)

Barb

Gijs

She was diagnosed by the Meirleir with chronic lyme disease like many others with a 'simple test'. http://www.yolanda.com/my-health-journey
You see how dangerous it is to diagnose chronic lyme at this moment. Though many people with ME/CFS also believe that they have chronic lyme and get very angry if you are sceptic. It is very sad to see.

Last edited:

duncan

Not quite sure, @Gijs , what you are trying to say here. Could you please elaborate?

Is it along the lines of, "You see how dangerous it is to diagnose ME/CFS at this moment. Though many people with Lyme also believe that they have ME/CFS and get very angry if you are a skeptic. It is very sad to see." ?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
She was diagnosed by the Meileir with chronic lyme disease like many others with a 'simple test'. http://www.yolanda.com/my-health-journey
You see how dangerous it is to diagnose chronic lyme at this moment. Though many people with ME/CFS also believe that they have chronic lyme and get very angry if you are sceptic. It is very sad to see.

I wonder if, just out of respect, you could get her diagnosing Dr's name right? It is Dr De Meirleir. He does not diagnose Lyme with a 'simple test' but through a series of tests and a consultation, pretty much in the same way that any medically trained Dr works.

Gijs

Done. I understand that it is a little disappointing to see that his series of tests -i know them all- doesn't give a solid prove for chronic lyme. Especially if people have get the same diagnosis as Yolanda like on this forum. The use of antibiotics can be very harmfull for long term use like the Meirleir prescribes. I hope it didn't make Yolanda more worse. I am happy for her that she knows the real cause of her terrible sickness now.

Ecoclimber

If your on antibiotics, best to take a regimen of correct probiotics to enhance and maintain stabilzation of your gut microbiome of healthy bacteria.

Sidereal

If your on antibiotics, best to take a regimen of correct probiotics to enhance and maintain stabilzation of your gut microbiome of healthy bacteria.

Unfortunately commercial probiotics contain only a handful of bacterial species. There are hundreds of species in your gut so if you pursue long-term abx protocols there is no probiotic in the world that's going to prevent the decimation of the ecosystem in your gut.

Hanna

Hope that for Yolanda, the silicone removal may do the trick. But it is a little soon to tell:
"Since removing both implants, doctors expect Foster’s condition to improve, although it’s unclear whether it will cure the Lyme disease..."
Contesting presence of chronic lyme (because silicon may be the new culprit now) doesn't seem relevant to me for the moment. One cause, one disease... This hypothesis belongs to the past.

valentinelynx

I had silicone implants exchanged for saline back in 1997 in hope it would fix my ME/CFS (which may have been Lyme all along —had tick bites and EM-like rashes within months of illness onset in 1993). I actually did get significantly better about 6 months later, but relapsed hard in 2009. My implants had not been leaking, and I was doing many many things to try to get better then. Who the bleep knows whether the silicone had anything to do with it? I do hope that Yolanda has found a key to her health.

herpesbaby

@Ecoclimber Only recently, in the middle of June, she went on remission after 6 years of struggle, according to her instagram. Just sharing. She did not say what/ which protocol helped her. But she must've tried everything.