• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CDC Scientist: ‘We scheduled meeting to destroy vaccine-autism study documents’

natasa778

https://sharylattkisson.com/cdc-sci...ng-to-destroy-vaccine-autism-study-documents/

...All the authors and I met and decided sometime between August and September 2002, not to report any race effects from the paper. Sometime soon after the meeting, we decided to exclude reporting any race effects. The co-authors scheduled a meeting to destroy documents related to the study. The remaining four co-authors all met and brought a big garbage can into the meeting room, and reviewed and went through all the hardcopy documents that we had thought we should discard, and put them into a huge garbage can. However, because I assumed it was illegal and would violate both FOIA and DOJ requests, I kept hardcopies of all documents in my office, and I retain all associated computer files. I believe we intentionally withheld controversial findings from the final draft of the Pediatrics paper.’ ...

currer

Has there been ANY coverage of this in the mainstream media?

Because I have heard nothing. How can a story as huge as this be covered up?

https://sharylattkisson.com/cdc-sci...ng-to-destroy-vaccine-autism-study-documents/
"In an untainted news environment, the allegations would make headlines in most legitimate publications and would trigger federal inquiries. However, the interests of the powerful pharmaceutical industry reach deeply into Congress and the news media through lobbyists, propaganda and advertising dollars."

Last edited:
The co-authors scheduled a meeting to destroy documents related to the study. The remaining four co-authors all met and brought a big garbage can into the meeting room, and reviewed and went through all the hardcopy documents that we had thought we should discard, and put them into a huge garbage can.

The reason why it's not in the mainstream media is likely because it just doesn't seem credible that this happened.

Back in 2004, the CDC had protocols for all the research and researchers. Do you think that in the age of computers that only paper copies of government research existed. Computers are used to input collected data, to analyze the collected data, and to save the collected data. The CDC has strict rules re: data collection, data storage etc. These policies were in place in 2004 (easily found on the internet) so unless Thompson et al managed to hack into the computers and destroy all the data, or steal CDC hard drives then this doesn't seem to be credible. They could have destroyed any data they printed off but how on earth would they have destroyed the data on the computers which are backed-up on a daily basis. If they did, there would be footprints of who did what because the CDC researchers have to log in and out of the computers they are using. Thompson doesn't seem to me the type of person that would have the know-how to hack into government computers and destroy data. And Posey said data that was destroyed was on paper -- no computer data was mentioned.

The next thing is, if Posey has this information why did he mention it during 'Morning Hour' where members of the House can have a few minutes to speak about what they want. We are talking about what is scientific fraud and a federal crime if the allegations are true. Why not contact the proper people over this? The last time I looked, federal crimes are not glossed over in a 5 minute speech during a 'Morning Hour'. Why didn't Senator Posey produce any of the actual documents that Thompson had claimed to keep -- he wasn't at all specific, why not? In five minutes he had alloted to him, he could have stated exactly what the data was and what it meant. Why did Posey bring this up during the 'Morning Hour' just days before Congress is due to go on hiatus for 5 weeks -- I can think of a few reasons. Why didn't he bring it up in Congress properly? Why did Thompson wait a whole year to make this statement -- why didn't he say this last year when he was saying they 'omitted' data.

Because I have heard nothing. How can a story as huge as this be covered up?

I doubt it's being covered up. It just doesn't sound credible for the reasons I mentioned. The story is out now and for reputable news agencies to publish a story they would have to produce some facts and facts will be lacking until somebody actually produces the documents that Thompson supposedly saved and publishes what is in them. The CDC would also have to investigate -- I am sure there will be more information as it is investigated. If it is true the big story is fraud and federal crime by CDC employees but this doesn't make the whole CDC corrupt, nor does it alter any results gotten from other research both by the CDC and independent of the CDC.

The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. –CDC Senior Scientist Dr. William Thompson

Well then, the onus is on Thompson to publicly produce the data that would support this. Nothing has been produced to support any allegations except a verbal statement that doesn't seem credible. And really would any data they could produce negate all the other research that researchers have independently produced showing there is no association between the MMR vaccines and autism. The study that Thompson was involved in back in 2004 was correlational and not proof of any kind of association be the MMR vaccine and autism. It changes nothing. If the story is true, then those involved need to answer and be held accountable.

barbc56

The status of this saga has been relegated to that of an urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/cdcwhistleblower.asp

I think its important to understand the stastics involved. Brian Hooker whose analysis of the original paper used less than desirable stastical analysis which teased out a correlation that was not valid. He used a method prone to false positives. He even changed the age of cohorts to get his results.

Because of this, his paper was eventually retracted.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.or...ntific-fraud-irony-meters-everywhere-explode/

Barb

What kina said. Even if the study by Hooker was righy, there's study after study refuting that Autism is caused by the MMR vaccinated.

natasa778

So now we conclude that a US Congressman is simply lying. He spoke at the funny hour so it must mean he is simply lying.

And a senior CDC scientist has simply made everything up. And this scientist is now happy to let this US Congressman lie about his little made up story.

And we know all this because Snopes said so.

And we go to bed happy in the knowledge that everything is just fine and that good and honest people at the CDC will continue to take good care of us and our health.

Me happy

barbc56

Not in my world. I go to bed knowning this story is composed of half truths by people who are less than credible, have an agenda, a scientist who uses subpar statistics, and a paper retracted because the science wasn't there.

My understanding of the matter is not just by reading snopes nor do I automatically believe everything that is said by the CDC. I did a lot of reading, from different sources and analysis from scientists I feel have earned credibility. I found this topic absolutely fascinating. You can’t make this stuff up.

I watched part of each video a long time ago but after a certain point just could not watch more as the they were so biased, it's almost painful.

IMHO, Wakefield is beyond redemption.

Enough said as there's really not much more to add other than this is my take on the matter.

Barb

Last edited:

currer

I have been away from the forums for a couple of years and what surprises me most is that this news (true or false) has not been mentioned AT ALL in the UK. No coverage of a highly newsworthy claim and a congressman following it up.

I knew nothing about this until I read this thread and now I find out it happened last year.

Why have these allegations been so thoroughly covered up when autism and ADHD are such a problem.
Even if they are not true they should have been reported, all sorts of rubbish gets hours of air-time on the media.

currer

Congressman Posey has the documents

http://vaxtruth.org/2015/07/posey-asks-for-hearings/

Watch the video clip of Congress. They are in Poseys office.

Quote from Dr William Thompson
"At the September 5th meeting we discussed in detail how to code race for both a sample and the birth certificate sample. At the bottom of Table 7 it also shows that for the non-birth certificate sample, the adjusted race-effect, statistical significance was HUGE.
All the authors and I met and decided sometime between August and September ’02 not to report any race effects for the paper. Sometime soon after the meeting we decided to exclude reporting any race effects, the co-authors scheduled a meeting to destroy documents related to the study. The remaining four co-authors all met and brought a big garbage can into the meeting room and reviewed and went through all the hard copy documents that we had thought we should discard and put them in a huge garbage can. However, because I assumed it was illegal and would violate both FOIA and DOJ requests, I kept hard copies of all documents in my office, and I retained all associated computer files. I believe we intentionally withheld controversial findings from the final draft of the Pediatrics paper. (End of quote of the doctor [William Thompson])."

Mr. Speaker: I believe it’s our duty to ensure that the documents Dr. Thompson provided are not ignored. Therefore, I will provide them to members of Congress, and the House Committees upon request.

Considering the nature of The Whistleblower’s documents, as well as the involvement of The CDC, a hearing and a thorough investigation is warranted.

So I ask, Mr. Speaker…I beg… I implore… my colleagues on the appropriations committees, to please, please take such action.

Last edited:

currer

It astounds me that they would do this when the data showed black Americans are at an increased risk.
Suppressing this information makes them vulnerable to accusations of racism, as well as deceit.

currer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-17509/

Why-Japan-banned-MMR-vaccine.htmlWhy Japan banned MMR vaccine

by JENNY HOPE, Daily Mail

Japan stopped using the MMR vaccine seven years ago - virtually the only developed nation to turn its back on the jab.

Government health chiefs claim a four-year experiment with it has had serious financial and human costs.

Of the 3,969 medical compensation claims relating to vaccines in the last 30 years, a quarter had been made by those badly affected by the combined measles, mumps and rubella vaccine, they say.

The triple jab was banned in Japan in 1993 after 1.8 million children had been given two types of MMR and a record number developed non-viral meningitis and other adverse reactions.

Official figures show there were three deaths while eight children were left with permanent handicaps ranging from damaged hearing and blindness to loss of control of limbs.

The government reconsidered using MMR in 1999 but decided it was safer to keep the ban and continue using individual vaccines for measles, mumps and rubella.

The British Department of Health said Japan had used a type of MMR which included a strain of mumps vaccine that had particular problems and was discontinued in the UK because of safety concerns.

The Japanese government realised there was a problem with MMR soon after its introduction in April 1989 when vaccination was compulsory. Parents who refused had to pay a small fine.

An analysis of vaccinations over a three-month period showed one in every 900 children was experiencing problems. This was over 2,000 times higher than the expected rate of one child in every 100,000 to 200,000.

The ministry switched to another MMR vaccine in October 1991 but the incidence was still high with one in 1,755 children affected. No separate record has been kept of claims involving autism.

Tests on the spinal fluid of 125 children affected were carried out to see if the vaccine had got into the children's nervous systems. They found one confirmed case and two further suspected cases.

In 1993, after a public outcry fuelled by worries over the flu vaccine, the government dropped the requirement for children to be vaccinated against measles or rubella.

Dr Hiroki Nakatani, director of the Infectious Disease Division at Japan's Ministry of Health and Welfare said that giving individual vaccines cost twice as much as MMR 'but we believe it is worth it'.

In some areas parents have to pay, while in others health authorities foot the bill.

However, he admitted the MMR scare has left its mark. With vaccination rates low, there have been measles outbreaks which have claimed 94 lives in the last five years.

currer

Robert F Kennedy Jr
http://amsterdamnews.com/news/2015/jul/09/african-american-autism-and-vaccines/

Last August, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention senior scientist, Dr. William Thompson, invoked federal whistleblower status and confessed that the CDC has known since 2001 that Black boys exposed to the MMR vaccine have a disproportionate risk of autism.

Thompson, a 17-year CDC veteran is the author of some of the leading studies cited by the CDC to exculpate vaccines from the autism epidemic. Thompson, who still works at the CDC, released the raw data sets that he says his bosses at the CDC ordered him to conceal. Those data show that Black boys who received the MMR vaccine before 3 years of age, as the CDC recommends, were 3.36 times more likely to receive an autism diagnosis than those who received the vaccine after 3 years of age. This effect was not observed in other race categories. Nevertheless, when the CDC scientists published their results in the journal Pediatrics in 2004, they omitted the damaging data, fraudulently declaring there was no risk of autism from the MMR vaccination. In August 2014, Thompson issued a press release through his attorney stating, “I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African-American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism.”

The buried data were disturbing, but hardly surprising. The most reliable studies in the scientific literature indicate that African-Americans are more susceptible to vaccine injury and may also have increased susceptibility to neurological disorders such as autism.

A 2010 nationwide study of the CDC’s Autism and Developmental Disability Monitoring Network found autism incidence about 25 percent higher in African-Americans than Caucasians. A 2014 study published in Pediatrics showed higher rates of all categories of autism among African-Americans in Los Angeles County compared with Caucasians, with the incidence of severe autism elevated by 263 percent among foreign-born Blacks and 152 percent for U.S.-born Blacks as compared with U.S.-born whites.

A 2010 study in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health showed that Blacks were at significantly greater risk for regressing into autism after receiving the thimerosal-containing Hepatitis B vaccination series as infants. When analyzed further, the data showed that Black boys receiving the HepB series were 53 percent more likely to have autism than those Black boys not receiving any HepB shot.

On the basis of all the population data and the CDC’s most recent autism incidence estimates, at least 100,000 African-American male children could have been spared debilitating neurological injury if the CDC scientists had told the truth when the increased risk was first known to them in 2001

Thompson has requested to testify before Congress about corruption at CDC and has handed over to Congress thousands of pages of documents showing widespread fraud in CDC’s vaccine division.

It’s not the first time the CDC has concealed vaccine risks from African-Americans. Less than 10 years ago, in June 1996, African-Americans in Los Angeles learned that the CDC had been conducting vaccine experiments in their communities. Beginning in 1989, the CDC conducted an experiment on nearly 1500 Black and Hispanic infants using an unlicensed measles vaccine without disclosing to parents that the drug was a high-potency experimental vaccine designed to overwhelm the baby’s maternal immune system. The CDC only halted its secret experiment in 1991, when companion clinical trials conducted in Africa and Haiti showed an increased death rate and severe immune-system disorder among female infants who received the vaccine. Those children died within two years after the vaccination.

Last edited:

currer

A mistake was made,” then CDC Director Dr. David Satcher told the LA Times. “It shocked me. We need to move to a new level of assurance so people can trust what we’re doing.” The CDC denies that any Los Angeles Black children were injured by the unlicensed vaccine but has not produced any studies to confirm that claim.
In 1972, a government whistleblower, Peter Buxton, revealed that for the previous 40 years, beginning in 1932, both the CDC and the U.S. Public Health Service conducted the so-called Tuskegee Experiment to study the progression of untreated syphilis in impoverished African-American men in rural Alabama. Public health regulators lured illiterate sharecroppers with the promise of hot meals, funeral costs and free health care from the U.S. government. According to the CDC, which took over the study in the early 1960s, none of 299 syphilitic sharecroppers were ever told they had the disease. The CDC purposefully withheld penicillin after the antibiotic became a proven treatment in 1947. The CDC actively prevented participants from accessing syphilis treatment programs elsewhere. The CDC’s victims in that study included numerous men who died of syphilis, 40 wives who contracted the disease and 19 children born with congenital syphilis.

When, in 1966, Buxton, an African-American, sent a letter to government regulators complaining about the ethics and morality of the study, the CDC reaffirmed the need to continue the research until all subjects had died and been autopsied. To bolster its position, the CDC sought and gained support for the study’s extension from the American Medical Association.

currer

Buxton finally told his story to my uncle, Senator Edward Kennedy, in July of 1972. Senator Kennedy convened Senate hearings, at which Buxton and HEW officials testified, and the CDC finally terminated the study.

May 16, 1997, President Bill Clinton formally apologized at a White House ceremony attended by five of the eight study survivors, promising “our African-American citizens” that “clearly racist” public health policies would never happen again.

By concealing the link between vaccines and autism in African-American boys, the CDC had once again violated that public trust. But this fraud is not just about African-Americans. The fraudulent 2004 study has been cited in 91 subsequent studies as one of the principle proofs of the CDC’s claim that vaccines are not linked to the autism epidemic. The CDC’s fraud in this study calls into question the validity of the entire body of research that families, medical professionals and policymakers rely on when making decisions for the health of children.

“I have a boss who is asking me to lie,” Thompson said in a taped conversation with Simpson University professor, Dr. Brian Hooker. “I have great shame now when I meet a family with kids with autism, because I have been a part of the problem … because the CDC has not been transparent, we’ve missed 10 years of research, because the CDC is so paralyzed right now by anything related to autism. They’re not doing what they should be doing. They are afraid to look for things that might be associated. I’m completely ashamed of what I did. The higher ups wanted to do certain things, and I went along with it.”

The time has come in this country for everyone—press, regulators and politicians—to stop “going along with it.”

Last edited:

currer

To continue with some information about aluminium in these paediatric vaccines.
I found this information in the quotes from the same NYA article
http://amsterdamnews.com/news/2015/jul/09/african-american-autism-and-vaccines/

So how much aluminum is in the vaccines that are routinely given to children?

Hib (PedVaxHib brand only) – 225 mcg per shot
Hepatitis B – 250 mcg
DTaP – depending on the manufacturer, ranges from 170 to 625 mcg
Pneumococcus – 125 mcg
Hepatitis A – 250 mcg
HPV – 225 mcg
Pentacel (DTaP, HIB and Polio combo vaccine) – 330 mcg
Pediarix (DTaP, Hep B and Polio combo vaccine) – 850 mcg

At birth, most children are given the hepatitis B vaccination. The amount of aluminum in the Hepatitis B vaccine alone is almost 14 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF ALUMINUM THAT IS FDA-APPROVED.

At well-child check-ups, it’s common for 2 month, 4 month, 6 month etc., appointments to include up to 8 vaccinations that add up to more than 1,000 mcg of aluminum. Look at the chart above and notice that that amount isn’t even safe for a 350 pound adult. And many children get up to 8 vaccinations a visit several times a year!

According to the FDA and the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics), what happens if a child receives more than the maximum required dose of aluminum?

Aluminum builds up in the bones and brain and can be toxic.
Aluminum can cause neurological harm.
Aluminum overdose can be fatal in patients with weak kidney’s or kidney disorders or in premature babies. (How many children are tested to see if their kidney’s are functioning properly before they are vaccinated? Could this also be why the Hepatitis B shot, given to infants at birth, has been linked to SIDS? Neonatal Deaths After Hep B vaccination.)

[Aluminum Toxicity in Infants and Children, Committee on Nutrition,American Academy of Pediatrics, Pediatrics Volume 97, Number 3 March, 1996, pp. 413-416]

Last edited: