• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dessicated adrenal glandular makes a huge difference

drob31

I just wanted to share my experience with desiccated adrenal supplementation by Standard Process. I tried this product a year ago and it didn't seem to help, but that's probably because there were more things wrong then.

Fast forward to a few days ago. I decided to add it back in, and at first I didn't notice that it was helping me. However, the second day I took it, I slept deeper and longer that night. In the morning, it was like I could sleep in instead of being jerked awake by adrenaline/cortisol. I had good energy the whole day, but it still feels like I need to sleep to repair, but more of a normal sleep feeling, not a "adrenal fatigue" feeling. Since standard process is no longer selling their supplements online, I had to find a practitioner that sold them. This required me to drive 30 miles, and I bought 3 bottles.

This is the second thing I've got a really good response from. Even with less than stellar sleep, I could function pretty well. I'm not sure what's causing my hpa-axis dysnfunction, but I'll deal with a bandaid until I can figure it out.

whodathunkit

@drob31: can you link to the product you use? I used to like Drenamin (also by SP) but last time I used it, it didn't work nearly as well. I took a look at the label and figured it was probably because of the niacin.

whodathunkit

@Lou: not ahmo, but I got a lot of good for a long time out of Enzymatic Therapies Adrenergize, which was nothing but dried adrenal tissue.

Be careful if you buy this product, now, though...I think there is another ET product with the same name that is a bunch of "adrenal support supplements" without the actual adrenal tissue.

Lou

@Lou: not ahmo, but I got a lot of good for a long time out of Enzymatic Therapies Adrenergize, which was nothing but dried adrenal tissue.

Be careful if you buy this product, now, though...I think there is another ET product with the same name that is a bunch of "adrenal support supplements" without the actual adrenal tissue.

@whodathunkit Thanks. That seems unfair having same name for different products.

I remember long ago, during the nineties, I used an ET adrenal product that helped me greatly except can't remember now if it acted on the cortex or the whatchamacallit, the other major portion of the adrenals (medulla?). The product that worked on the other part did not agree with me, though now I can't recall the adverse effects.

drob31

@drob31: can you link to the product you use? I used to like Drenamin (also by SP) but last time I used it, it didn't work nearly as well. I took a look at the label and figured it was probably because of the niacin.

It's called dessicated adrenal by standard process. It's the whole gland. I take 2 in the morning along with 500 mg of CoQ-10, 100 mg of pregnenolone, 2 caps of lumbrokinase (to clear out fibrinogen), 1000 mg of tumeric, and 400 mcg of selenium.

I also take 2 in the afternoon.

I have used the same one by Standard Process. It helps. I read it is dangerous to use much of it. I cannot remember the exact amounts but I read something like only take one daily for 5 days, then take a break. If you go longer, especially if much larger doses or longer, your adrenal glands could stop producing altogether. I wouldn't risk it personally because I want to help my adrenals not take over for them.

whodathunkit

That seems unfair having same name for different products.
Totally agree. I was quite annoyed when I saw that. However, I just re-checked the product and it looks like they've clarified the label (or perhaps I just noticed it)...the label on the product with whole adrenal and cortex is plain old "ADRENergize" and the other product now has the label "Herbal ADRENergize". I don't think it had the word "Herbal" on the label before but the way my mind has been working lately I couldn't swear to it. But I don't think I would have been so annoyed if it had.

@drob31: Thanks, I may give that a spin.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
but that's probably because there were more things wrong then.

Hi @drob31
Would you mind giving some brief info on what type of problems you needed to clear before this treatment started to work? And maybe what treatment was used? Thanks.

drob31

I have used the same one by Standard Process. It helps. I read it is dangerous to use much of it. I cannot remember the exact amounts but I read something like only take one daily for 5 days, then take a break. If you go longer, especially if much larger doses or longer, your adrenal glands could stop producing altogether. I wouldn't risk it personally because I want to help my adrenals not take over for them.

Are we going by the assumption that they contain cortisol? They said the hormones are removed, but I know that's not true...

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Anyone know where the bovine source for the ET brand comes from. Some brands say New Zealand for instance which is a BSE free country. It was a big issue here in the UK so I'm just being ultra cautious. I did look at the Advanced Molecular one but its out of stock at iherb.