• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

benagene Oxaloacetate supplement

lizw118

Hey everyone,
I have read threads where oxaloacetate supplements are mentioned for reducing glutamate levels in the brain. I have been taking benign for a week now. I am having some beneficial effects, in that I feel a little bit less weak in general, but it seems to be making me frontal sinus swelling/brain swelling a little worse.
If I am having side effects from this, should I wait it out for a little while longer? Is this the kind of supplement where it gets worse before it gets better? Has anyone else taken it?
Thanks

lizw118

See @Ema's thread about glutamine. It's in the side panel.

Thanks! I have read the thread, which is helpful, but I am still not sure if anyone knows if I should stick it out with the benagene. Like, does it take effect over time? Or if I feel bad initially should I ditch it?