• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS boy's cats poisoned

sarah darwins

That's truly hideous. Sometimes you give up trying to understand what goes on in some people's minds.

Unfortunately, even if the person responsible is found the consequences for them will almost certainly be trivial.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
However sick people with ME may be, some people who are well can be even sicker.
http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Fami...s-posioned/story-26872610-detail/story.html#1

It might not have been deliberate. Sadly, accidental ethylene glycol poisoning often occurs when cats come across antifreeze and lick it because it is palatable. There are campaigns to get a bitter substance added to it to prevent such tragedies. An internet search will find these.

Here is some info from the RSPCA.