• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

my new article "My Top Ten Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Warning Signs of Impending Crash"

Frickly

The Vibrating....I have that bad today. I describe it as restless leg syndrome in my whole body. Along with this often comes a sense of dread and uneasiness. I used to think I was having an anxietyattack but now understand that something has thrown my nervous system out of wack. It's making me crazy but for some reason aspirin seems to help. Also, I can relate to the times when it is impossible to get out a whole sentence that makes any sense. It's so embarrassing and I have not yet learned to keep my mouth shut.:ashamed:

Jody

The Vibrating....I have that bad today. I describe it as restless leg syndrome in my whole body. Along with this often comes a sense of dread and uneasiness. I used to think I was having an anxietyattack but now understand that something has thrown my nervous system out of wack. It's making me crazy but for some reason aspirin seems to help. Also, I can relate to the times when it is impossible to get out a whole sentence that makes any sense. It's so embarrassing and I have not yet learned to keep my mouth shut.:ashamed:

Glad (and sorry:rolleyes:) that you can relate to these, Frickly.

Both the vibrating and the anxiety sensations are made worse if I have to veer off eating low carb. Sometimes I have to settle for what we can afford, and if I'm stuck having to eat bread or noodles or processed junk, within a period of time (can be within half an hour, other times it won't be for a couple of days of this type of eating) I will get more of these symptoms.

As soon as I can be low carb again, they decrease.

Maybe there are some dietary things you haven't pinpointed yet?

LOL - I didn't say I always manage to shut my mouth when it should be shut.:Retro tongue:

wciarci

Wenderella
Jody you are a genius. This sums up an impending crash or flare ( I call a mild crash a flare). I am keeping this list on my computer.

Wendy

Jody

Thanks Wendy. :Retro smile:

I tried to be as concise as I could. Trying to raise awareness about what we go through.

SDSue

Southeast
This article popped up on Tom's twitter today. It’s a good one and worthy of a revived thread. Jody, you describe the symptoms better than I can, which makes me realize mine aren’t so unusual after all!

Thanks @Jody and thanks @Tom Kindlon!

ETA: article can be found here. Jody’s original link no longer works.

Jody

This article popped up on Tom's twitter today. It’s a good one and worthy of a revived thread. Jody, you describe the symptoms better than I can, which makes me realize mine aren’t so unusual after all!

Thanks @Jody and thanks @Tom Kindlon!

SDSue,

This one is definitely from awhile ago.:) Thanks for reviving it.

I'm glad it was helpful.

DeGenesis

This article helped me a lot. I think the vibrations might be a combination of weak muscles that are discoordinated and firing rapidly (but weakly) to try and sustain movement. but failing, leaving to mistakes while typing, for example. I know my hands are shaking uncontrollably right now. I never recognized this before and I feel a lot less scared of it now.

When I was healthy(ier), this used to happen in my quads after and during intense yoga session. It was confined to those individual muscles groups and of course the reason was obvious and a reason to feel proud of your work. I don't know why it affects the whole body for me now.

Jody

This article helped me a lot. I think the vibrations might be a combination of weak muscles that are discoordinated and firing rapidly (but weakly) to try and sustain movement. but failing, leaving to mistakes while typing, for example. I know my hands are shaking uncontrollably right now. I never recognized this before and I feel a lot less scared of it now.

When I was healthy(ier), this used to happen in my quads after and during intense yoga session. It was confined to those individual muscles groups and of course the reason was obvious and a reason to feel proud of your work. I don't know why it affects the whole body for me now.

DeGenesis,

I'm glad it helped. I don't think I mentioned this possibility in the article, that blood sugar issues also seemed to be a big factor for me. Often, I needed to eat. Once I began to tune into that, I was able to get a little control over the vibrating. Back then I never got hungry, so the first indicator I would have that I needed some food -- and nothing carby -- protein and fats -- was vibrating. And often within 20 minutes, that feeling of vibrating would decrease -- and sometimes disappear.