• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Several questions regard Vitami B12 supplementation

Hi,

I suspect that I might have a B12 deficit or possibly a MTHFR defect. According to a video presentation on youtube a Pectus Excavatum is a major sign of a Methylation problem. I have the opposite, Pectus Canarum, "pigeons chest". I guess this would also count.

I also have different other health problems which I read could be signs of Methylation problems: Chronic visual disturbances, chronic bladder pain, burning urination, chronic pelvic pain and others.

I took a normal B12 blood test so far and it was pretty low with 400 (200-900). Folic Acid was 19,2 (5,4-17,5)! So it was elevated.

Unfortunately I am still pretty new to this whole biochemical selfanalysis, but I suspect that could be a deficit right? High folic Acid could also mean low cellular foliate right?

Right now I cant really afford to make more comprehensive tests like MMA, Homocystein, Holo-TC, which could be a more acurate test for Vitamin B12 right?

My question is: Should I wait until I can afford making the more accurate tests before I start supplementing OR could I just start taking Vitamin B12 sublingually and see if it does anything?

Also since I am new, there are so many different protocolls here, what do I really have to take to correct a Vitamin B12 deficit?

A good Multivitamine, Fishoil, extra zinc, extra Vitamine D, Methylcobalamin, Dibencozide and 5-MTHF, would that be sufficient?

Can I first just take Methylcobalamin sublingually for a few days and see what happens before I start buying all the additional cofactors?

Are preformulated products like AOR maxMethyl any good or should I really take the B12 on its own under the tongue?

What do you think about AORs Methylcobalamin Ultra - 15 mg lozenge?

Is 15 mg too much or could I take that product? (I really like AORs products...).

Best regards,
Isegrim

ahmo

I don't see this AOR product, even on AOR site. 15mg is probably a high dose for experimenting. many people here have good results with Enzymatic Therapies MB12 sublingual, 1mg. Generally starting w/ B12 before adding in folate is a good way to go.

First link in my signature has a good simplified version of Freddd;s Protocol, including brands.

Great image in your avi.;)

Tammy

I just ordered global healing b-12 liquid. I chose this brand because it is a liquid and does not contain ANY preservatives. It is 80% methylcobalamin and 20% adenosylcobalamin.

garyfritz

Hm, just glycerin and water, that looks good. Could be a good base for a DIY transdermal cream. Roughly $1 for a 2.5mg dose is a bit high, though. I'd also like to see a higher level of adenosyl, too. Almost 80/20 in the other direction.

Tammy

Hm, just glycerin and water, that looks good. Could be a good base for a DIY transdermal cream. Roughly $1 for a 2.5mg dose is a bit high, though. I'd also like to see a higher level of adenosyl, too. Almost 80/20 in the other direction.
Me too...............I e-mailed the company to see if they would or have considered an all adeno liquid and never heard anything back. The only place so far that I can see that sells adeno liquid without preservatives is Metabolics out of the UK.