• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bedridden washing hair?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
There's a no-water shampoo for festival-goers called Nilaqua that you rub in and then rub out with a towel. I don't know if it's any good, and I don't know if there are any issues with absorbing any chemical from it because you don't wash it all away.

MEMum

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for set ups on how to wash your hair (have someone wash) while lying down? I can get out of bed, the problem is the sitting up. I came across this product has anyone tried it or heard if it's any good?

http://www.amazon.com/Hair-Basin-Inflatable-Shampoo-Disabled/dp/B000JS0X64

Thanks!

When I had a back op decades ago, I used to lie down with my head at the bottom end of the bed. Then my sister would have a washing up bowl on a stool and I would wriggle down so that my head was over the bowl. Plasic sheet on floor as well.

Good luck